Bonnet support kit - Pneumatic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndreyBear

Car
Hyundai Sonata
Hi, everybody,
as I know there are no gas bonnet springs from the conveyor. I dont think it is good for MB car. Whether somebody tried kits produced by aftermarket parts producers?

Im not sure if it is correct section of forum to post this. Need help form moderator. :dk:

Andry Bear I know what your talking about .My friends 190E as them on his .I would be interested also . Dont know why they never used them more on other models

But there's no need as they are held up by heavy duty springs.

The 190 struts are well known for becoming weak and needing to be replaced on occasion ££. The heavy duty springs last the life of the car and never need replacing.

Andry Bear I know what your talking about .My friends 190E as them on his .I would be interested also . Dont know why they never used them more on other models

It's not the just springs itself(but I have access to it also), I mean complete installation kits for "cheap" MB new models like A-Class, B-Class, CLA, GLA.
Such cars should be with gas springs from the conveyor, but carmaker doesnt think so. :wallbash:
I think such pneumatic bonnet supports needed in countries with bad weather only, when you need to pump washer fluid once a week during 3-6 months.
Or if you are in tuning community and like to show engine compartment to everybody, or if you are tech guy.
Finally, I will be glad to conversate to admin somehow reagrding this topic.

Don't the new C, GLC etc come with gas struts for bonnet??

I believe the A-class (inc CLA/GLA) and B-class models don't have gas struts, back to the old-fashioned bonnet prop.

My A Class has a prop, I've thought about gas lifts myself but never sourced anything out

Is it that much bother to lift a prop?

I suppose it is not a question of just lifting a bonnet by hand. For example I have old Hyundai Sonata, it was cheap car, my first one, it has gas springs in stock. 9 years ago I just started to open it to check oil level, to add windscreen washer. I have never thought about gas springs, till first winter :crazy: when I needed to add washer every week. Just open a bonnet with one hand. But now I understand that I dont want to have car with standard strut at all.
I have never tuned my car, but if you add insulation to bonnet it starts to be heavier, or if you are in tuning community and like to show engine compartment to fellows, when it opens with sound like psssssssshhh, I think it's cool. Like this

Attachments

• A-Class1.jpg
    A-Class1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 20
Do you basically mean having a bonnet which hasn't got the normal lift up and over prop?

If so mine just lifts up and stays up, no prop (W204)

I don't know why, but youtube link doesn't work in my previous pos. :(

My GLC has them

R
There are no gas bonnet struts in A Class, B Class, CLA and GLA only.
s-l1600.jpg

Who still needs gas bonnet struts. The Easter sale began and works till Friday. Discount of 20%. at stores.ebay.com/upory

Hi, all! Due to the good results of sale (customers are very active), we decided to prolong the sale till end of month! MB B-Class gas bonnet struts kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom