Bonnet warning light on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andyrk

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus
Hi all, last weekend the bonnet open light and bleep came on and will not go out even thought the bonnet is shut. This stopped the windscreen wipers working when stationary also. They do go again when you start to move but only above say 10 miles an hour. I take it from what I've read it's a sensor that attaches to the bonnet clasps so was going to try and change these if I can find out what they are but wanted to check first to see if anyone else has had the same sort of problem and what cured it. It's on a 2013 C250 CDI.......Thanks is in advance.

Open the bonnet and drop it down from about half open...so it slams shut...probably just the cold

Open the bonnet and drop it down from about half open...so it slams shut...probably just the cold

Thanks for the reply. Did this a number of times but didn't work...

If it's the same as my 2009 the microswitch is on the offside latch only. To get at it you have to remove the plastic cover on that side. It's easy to check, just look to see if there is an electrical cable as well as the release cable going to the latch. I fixed mine by bending the actuating lever a little which did the trick. To test if it's just slightly out of adjustment or completely failed you could try temporarily adjusting the bonnet stops so it closes a little lower. If that fixes the problem you know it just needs a minor tweak.

I don't recall having a problem with the wipers but that could well be because I didn't need to use them when I had the warning light on.

Thanks for this. I will give it a try.......When it gets above -2 out there that is.... 😀

Had a look and removed the switch and cleaned it. Still not fixed but I think the piece that holds the connector in isnt tight enough so probably needs replacing. Needs a service so will get it looked into at the same time. Thanks for the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom