Bonnet won't stay up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good to see that Chivalry isn't dead, Doodle... removing the front wing of your car just to show MissyD the location of the spring.... that is very kind is you :D

Good to see that Chivalry isn't dead, Doodle... removing the front wing of your car just to show MissyD the location of the spring.... that is very kind is you :D

Less chivalry, more "project scope creep" 😆

I think it means he started a job on his car, and found a few other things needing attention, one of which (or more) meant he unexpectedly had to remove the front wing, much to his annoyance. Small job turned into a somewhat larger one - not uncommon with car maintenance!!:oops::oops:

Sarah can you not just use a beer crate from the pub to hold the bonnet up.... "Ducks as an empty beer keg whizzes past my head "

MissyD , as above. How often do you need to go under the bonnet ? cut a bit of 2 by 2 to the right length to prop it open chuck it in the boot and craic on until the weather gets better and you can have a better look :p.

Sarah can you not just use a beer crate from the pub to hold the bonnet up.... "Ducks as an empty beer keg whizzes past my head "
That's not a bad idea, the amount of beer the guys get thro in the pub, I'd have plenty of crates spare

MissyD , as above. How often do you need to go under the bonnet ? cut a bit of 2 by 2 to the right length to prop it open chuck it in the boot and craic on until the weather gets better and you can have a better look :p.
I like your thinking Pete. It stays open at the 90 degree position, so not all is lost, its just really heavy to get it up like that by myself :(

I like your thinking Pete. It stays open at the 90 degree position, so not all is lost, its just really heavy to get it up like that by myself :(
I know, the gas struts on my car don't hold up too well when they are cold , I too lock it at 90' if I feel the bonnet is likely to come down on the back of my head ! will replace them ...one day.

I think it means he started a job on his car, and found a few other things needing attention, one of which (or more) meant he unexpectedly had to remove the front wing, much to his annoyance. Small job turned into a somewhat larger one - not uncommon with car maintenance!!:oops::oops:
Mostly self inflicted, there was a lot of "Well, while I'm in here..." for what started as a 5 minute job.

Next thing you know, I'm removing the front wing. :doh:

Mostly self inflicted, there was a lot of "Well, while I'm in here..." for what started as a 5 minute job.

Next thing you know, I'm removing the front wing. :doh:
As you're such an expert you could always pop round and do mine :thumb:

Make sure the T&C's are acceptable first Sarah!!;););)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom