'Book' price for Honda Jazz?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Can anyone tell me the usual values you get for the following car?

Honda Jazz 1.4 SE Auto 2004/54, 75k miles, FSH, 1 owner

I thank you.

Yes, it is the i-DSi (also facelift model).

That link is to current eBay listings for your model of car, the price I noted (£1000 higher than Sweetpea's (or so)) is based on actual ads.

It is but bear in mind what it is listed as isn't necessarily the value.

I looked on AT and Honda as well and there is a vast disparity.

I was after Glass's as that is what Nissan will probably be using...

Looks like you are trading a Jazz for a Nissan ('scue me for being a nose) My Mrs has a Jazz and just loves it. Would not even hear of going for a newer Jazz let alone any other brand.

Good Luck with whatever you are up to.

OK, looking on completed listings on eBay none have sold in the past 30 days (though quite a few were listed). A manual with your mileage did sell, but for a mere £2100

@TJ - yes, you got it except we are going to drive the Juke and see what we think. If she doesn't like it, we will then look at a handful of other cars of which one is a newer Jazz in the new year. She has had the Jazz for 7 years now and I think she is starting to get a bit bored of it - I've not had a car longer than 3.5 years yet, so who am I to complain.

If she does like it, we will see what they put on the table. Not making a decision today but want to be armed with the facts to see if they are taking the michael.

@Neilz - that's more what I was finding. All sold seem to start with a 2 unless a lot newer and lower mileage. This surprises me given how cheap they are to run and reliable they are. Ours has only ever had one non-service item (compressor clutch) in 7 years. Never broken down once (apart from loose battery terminal).

I would have thought there would have been more demand...

A tatty Jazz went last night for 1250. Pre face lift but basically a sound one I believe.

Last edited:
@JohnEBoy. SWMBO's Jazz is the same era. Facelift model. 1.4 Manual. Had it around 6/7 years now, just standard servicing and around 55K on it now. Never let her down and is very economical to run. I'm expecting battery and exhaust to pack up soon but it just keeps plodding on.

It even has a name. Tilly.

Well that is my thinking. When are those items and things like suspension bits going to need doing.

It's more the hassle than cost, but we could get a lemon Juke and have worse-issues than we do now.

I suppose that is the gamble we all face when considering a change.

However, I cannot believe we wont be incurring non-service cost on the Jazz between now and it's 10th birthday.

Ours doesn't have a name - just 'The Jazz'. Or something slightly less pleasant sometimes...

:D

Can anyone tell me the usual values you get for the following car?

Honda Jazz 1.4 SE Auto 2004/54, 75k miles, FSH, 1 owner

I thank you.
Your best guide is to go the Glass's Guide website and get a full valuation (all part ex, trade, private sale and dealer sale prices). You can fill in full details of age and model, extras mileage etc. You can print off the valuation and use it as a valuable tool for haggling a good part ex price. I have found it helps a lot with some dealers. After all most of them use Glass's Guide. Cost is only £2-99.

Or they will give you a free valuation with a lot less detail.

Let us know if you you get a value from them.

The Vauxhall site will give you a free CAP guide.

Well, we drove it.

I have to say it was a lot better than I was expecting.

Jazz has good headroom (I'm 6'4" and Freddie Flintoff build) but estate around the legs is limited.

Juke is excellent in that department.

Thought it was a cracking car to drive. Very quiet, makes good progress, nice height you sit at, lots of toys as standard. Very impressed overall.

Their price for our Jazz was £2500, surprise surprise. However, they upped that to £3200 without me moving.

Service plan, and I was cynical as well, includes everything on the schedule and is irrelevant whether you pay for your service or not. Only things which are not covered are brake pads and disks but given how long it took for those to be due on the Jazz, I imagine they will not even crop up in those 3 years.

We have decided to find out about the newer Jazz as a comparison - and I want to hear what Honda offer for our Honda!

They have one for sale with more miles than ours so I would expect them to market it.

Juke is £1000 more than in July 2010 when they came out as they only had the old brochure.

I am probably going to negotiate in £500 of options to do the deal as I don't really know how far they will go price-wise with a new car at this level.

Comparing it to the newer non-hybrid Jazz, it is great value (or the Jazz is pricey).

Yes, I think it is a bit similar to the Jazz - she wasn't overly struck with it.

The Juke looks a bit fresher and more whacky and I think that appeals more.

Also, the Note is not a lot cheaper to buy either.

I also suspect the Note is a regular slush auto whereas the Juke is a CVT - which is a lot better on the juice.

To give you a guide line, I bought one of these fantastic cars for my mum last year and here's what it was;

2003 model
~50k miles (can't remember exact, but its done 53k now)
1.3 Auto (not the facelift)
FHondaSH, 1 owner

Bought it for £2950 6mths tax 1 yr MOT

Even has a honda cd changer! don't know if this is standard, also came with aircon (which I think is standard), and doesn't work anymore.

apart from the airbag issue its been amazingly refined and reliable.

If you're looking to spend that money i'd definitely try to go for the facelift and get as many options ticked as possible while find a tidy example.

hope that helps

Oh and make sure you check for the wheel bearings on the test drive, ANY whining, I eluded to this when I test drove it, but if you listen very carefully, at that age, you're bound to hear something. The other thing I learned is that most Honda dealers will replace these for free (providing you pay the initial cost for them to diagnose the car) if the car is under 7yrs old, which I think is very reasonable.

Last edited:
CD changer wasn't standard at least not in the SE or lower.

Just to clarify - were trading our Honda Jazz in rather than buying one?

Yes, I think it is a bit similar to the Jazz - she wasn't overly struck with it.

The Juke looks a bit fresher and more whacky and I think that appeals more.

Also, the Note is not a lot cheaper to buy either.

I also suspect the Note is a regular slush auto whereas the Juke is a CVT - which is a lot better on the juice.

Note is a practical but rather dull package.

Personally I marginally prefer the Note to the Jazz.

As regards CVT being 'better on the juice' it depends on the type of journey and way you drive. My SiL has a Jazz and I think she was quite disappointed with the economy. The Jazz CVT was publicised as having a lockup when it was launched. I think my SiL's driving patterns are such that she doesn't benefit from it much.

Nissan claim the Juke CVT has a lockup.

I think more importantly they've kept the Juke lightweight for the engine sizes they're promoting. The automatic Note was nippier out on the road than it's 0-60 time suggested. The Juke should be better with the CVT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom