Booked in for 1st service - so far so bad !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
So I turned up at Derby MB this morning for my cars 1st service. Without going into the long story telling of the exact conversation i'll just summarise :
  • My car reg not right (something with 61 reg quoted)
  • My car model not right (A class)
  • Advised of my 'quotation' of £310 for the service whereas I have a service plan so its free ! (not sure how the value equated to the wrong model??)
  • No knowledge of my two visits to them during the last two weeks where I pre-empted this service and tried to proactively get 2 rattles sorted - 1 on the centre console around the heated seat buttons etc, the other on the 3 plastic circles around the rev counter/speedo. Feedback on road test was that they would check TIPS and ensure that everything was ready for today. Guess what, no parts ordered!
  • Were unsure on comand update saying that nothing came up on their system (well it wont have because you had my reg details wrong!)
Question: is the free sat nav updates for 3 years on my C63 dependant on an 'anniversary date' or can you go in and request a latest update regardless ? i.e. My car was registered in May 2013 so do I have to wait for May 2014 for an update ?

Unbelievable isnt it ?? :wallbash:

Considering you bought quite an expensive vehicle (although it shouldn't matter, it often does!) , yes its very bad indeed.

They will probably get a main dealer award this year :D

Considering you bought quite an expensive vehicle (although it shouldn't matter, it often does!) , yes its very bad indeed.

They will probably get a main dealer award this year :D

Yeah hopefully they will win "P**s poor service of the year award" !

Oh and I forgot to mention that the guy, after looking on the system to see if he could find anything re my previous 2 visits, asked if they (MB Derby) had fitted the brake pads ok and was I happy with them ?

I said yes, everything was good so far but just one thing ......

.... They were fitted by MB Nottingham !! :wallbash:

Why not waste some time with the dealer principle and voice a few of these issues. Always fun getting them to understand, you never know you might get some feedback!

Nothing changes !!!

How can I tell if they updated the Comand or not ?

From what you've described I'd be checking everything! This isn't service this is a practical joke.

Frustrating when service levels drop like this .. We're Just a number!

I don't even want them to wash my car incase they damage it!

Il be taking a chilled countrylane run to my purchasing dealer MB Macclesfield (owned by Mb ) hopefully they can get it right?!

Oh dear that pretty shocking..i have heard some horrible comments regarding MB customer service.

Did you have to re book due to them not having the right details booked in!?:doh:

Sounds almost as bad as BMW dealers, "premium service" my ****!

Sadly this seems to pretty much mirror my experience with MB main dealers so far! Although the receptionist at my local dealer is a very bubbly and attractive woman so I don't mind spending lots of time with her sorting out the 'issues'. ;)

How can I tell if they updated the Comand or not ?

I had my car serviced today the latest version is 2013/2014 V9.0
Press the navi button and scroll down for version.
Also work carried out under manufactures warranty updated software
recall 4468.

It takes 4 hours to do the COMAND update, so mine wasn't completed as I was waiting.

Got to go back again for that, rear brake pad recall,and the service reminder reset.

I had my car serviced today the latest version is 2013/2014 V9.0
Press the navi button and scroll down for version.
Also work carried out under manufactures warranty updated software
recall 4468.

Just checked and my version is exactly the same as above, so at least they managed to do that :thumb:

It takes 4 hours to do the COMAND update, so mine wasn't completed as I was waiting.

It seems a bonkers process that it takes that long. I know they updated the audio gateway (AGW) on mine early on and it was some hours to do it.

There's surely got to be a better way than tying up a bay for 4hrs. And it's not without risk - there's a story on another forum of a BMW owner where the dealer had a power cut in the middle of an ECU update and 4 weeks later they still hadn't got his car working again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom