Booked in for a 4 wheel alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddcomp

Car
E320CDI Avantgarde Estate S211
I've booked in for a 4 wheel alignment tomorrow and new front tyres. I had new rears last year and have decided to change the fronts now. I have the usual C Class outer edge tyre wear, so thought it might be a good time to check the alignment.

I found somewhere locally using www.AlignMyCar.co.uk

I'll let you know how I get on.

All went well with the alignment. When I phoned the garage they couldn't quote a price for the alignment work as this was dependant on how much adjustment was required, but indicated that £30 for the front and £70 for the rear was normal.
Only the front needed slight adjustment so only £30 :thumb:

Also had two front tyre fitted which may prove to be a partial error on my part. I had the rears fitted about 18 months ago and haven't checked them too much of late, seems that after 9,000 miles they're close to the limit. I bought Goodyear F1 Assym 245/40/17 based on good reviews for grip versus wear. The original Contis lasted about 18K on the rear and 27K on the front.

I ordered more Goodyears for the front not realising the rears had worn so quickly, but won't be buying them again. Back to Contis for me!

What's the latest recommended MO fitment is it Conti Sport 2 or the latest Sport 3?

I chose the SP3 as they recently came top in an Evo magazine review. The price was also very competitive to all the other Premium brands.

So far so good, but it has been rather wet and I've not been pushing too hard. But for reference I've had a courtesy car for the past few days on newish tyres but of a brand I've never heard of and the grip around roundabouts is very poor, even when driving moderately.

I have to ask...... Did they measure all the angles and give you a printout?

Hmmm. No, the website AlignMyCar said that I would get a before and after print out, but nothing was offered.

I didn't ask as I was running late to pick up my son from school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom