Booked in with msl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just make sure you avoid the free chicken and chips... LOL...
Just joking!
Enjoy you day out to MSL.
I can guarantee your drive home will be even better!
Just remember to fill up before you leave.

Feels great...to be honest it was great before but now it's brutal in s+. I find myself finding excuses to drive it lol...can't recommend it highly enough

Feels great...to be honest it was great before but now it's brutal in s+. I find myself finding excuses to drive it lol...can't recommend it highly enough
Great stuuf mate im having the secondary cat delete aswell so hopefully get a bit more growl out of her ive never herd one before so fingers crossed its sounds as good as everyone says

Great stuuf mate im having the secondary cat delete aswell so hopefully get a bit more growl out of her ive never herd one before so fingers crossed its sounds as good as everyone says

No need for fingers crossed.... this is guaranteed!

I'm exactly the same haven't heard one but everything I've read suggests it's amazing

I'm exactly the same haven't heard one but everything I've read suggests it's amazing
Well everything was done on saturday and now producing a nice healthy 515bhp you have to get the secondary done sounds mega with no drone in the car at all untill you hit the hard pedal and she changes altogether. 5 stars all round for msl i will deffenaitly be going back for more hahs

How much better would you say it sounds? Does that mean you get droning when you floor it?

Sorry i explained wrongly there is bo drone whatsoever. But when you push down harder or drop a gear the aound is great just enhanced from what is already there

I'd be worried about the noise as well, as mentioned above. Currently the biturbo is really quiet most of the time, it burbles along but other than startup it's really muted - in a good way. Then you put your foot down and all hell breaks loose! I'd love to get some exhaust work done, maybe downpipes and remove some cat, but I wouldn't want it to be louder for that majority of the time.

Sorry i explained wrongly there is bo drone whatsoever. But when you push down harder or drop a gear the aound is great just enhanced from what is already there

Would you say she is now louder upon start up? (I leave for the gym most mornings around 5.45 so don't want to upset the neighbours much more than I already do!)

I'm looking to book mine in with Acid around August time, mine's already been remapped there by the previous owner so now upgrading with LSD and also thinking about the secondary delete - is very tempting!!

Would you say she is now louder upon start up? (I leave for the gym most mornings around 5.45 so don't want to upset the neighbours much more than I already do!)

I'm looking to book mine in with Acid around August time, mine's already been remapped there by the previous owner so now upgrading with LSD and also thinking about the secondary delete - is very tempting!!
The initial start up has got morw of a bark to it untill it warms up sounds lovely

From what I had done to my E55K and from what I've heard, messing around with back boxes creates:

A) Deafining sound volumes on full tilt
B) Drone!

Anything seems to be fine.

Deffinately leave your Back box's alone, lots of Droning :(

Won't there be MOT issues with removing a cat?

Won't there be MOT issues with removing a cat?

Not as long as the primaries are left in place. Only when you take the lot out you get issues.

Also agree with leaving the back boxes alone, makes it liveable with, though I'd have no problem with swapping the central resonator out for an X pipe. :)

So many options!! I'm guessing downpipes are the expensive bit. I would like more noise at WOT but otherwise I don't really want to change it too much.

When you say 'leave back boxes alone', are you referring to the secondary cat delete option? (sorry, bit clueless with all this :dk:)

When you say 'leave back boxes alone', are you referring to the secondary cat delete option? (sorry, bit clueless with all this :dk:)

I think the guys are referring to the mufflers at the rear. Start gutting those and the car will be unbearably loud with a drone like no other.

Resonator out usually results in a nice increase in volume, take out the secondary cats (or gut them) as well and it makes a V8 noticed at low revs and lovely song on throttle. Once you remove the primary cats as well its going to be noisy as well as bringing on the EML which has to be coded out. It's also illegal:rolleyes:.

Dave(enty) is well versed in modifying the 5.5 biturbo exhaust system with excellent results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom