Booring Bank Holiday Monday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maff, I trust that this was'nt your car or tyres. Nice acceleration though.............drool :bannana: :bannana: :rock: :rock:

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Maff, I trust that this was'nt your car or tyres. Nice acceleration though.............drool :bannana: :bannana: :rock: :rock:

I think you missed the point.

....that was matt's car alright . . . I assume just finishing off your old tyres though Matt ? or just running in the new ones? ;)

Mind, you could have burnt some proper rubber, you left more than that at a cross roads in the Netherlands :p

apologies to all, yes I did miss the point (embarrased grin)

Sorry to be a boring old fart, but does that kind of thing do damage to the transmission? I would be very upset if I found out a car I had bought had been treated like that:eek:

Or am I being over cautious?

Robbo

Originally posted by Robbo
Sorry to be a boring old fart, but does that kind of thing do damage to the transmission? I would be very upset if I found out a car I had bought had been treated like that:eek:

Robbo

I think it's best you don't know!

The level of stress on a CL500 from such a small amount of wheelspin would be irrelevant I would have thought.

At least you know everything is in good order - I'd rather that than buy a car from some grandad who's never had it past 3000rpm - 1st time you hoof it it'll probably go bang or cover the car behind in soot.

EDIT: just read back to myself - not meaning you in my Grandad scenario!

Originally posted by Robbo

Robbo

The stress is very minor, pretty much the same stress if not less stress than stomping it from the traffic lights. When you stomp it from the lights it hooks up immediatly with a great launch. Spinning the wheels only puts a little more pressure on the auto transmission fluid (gets a bit warmer) as I was 'break torquing' to get the wheels to spin.

:)

Spinning the wheels only puts a little more pressure on the auto transmission fluid (gets a bit warmer) as I was 'break torquing' to get the wheels to spin.

Oh, I see. looks worse than it is them.

I remember a few years back in Australia my old man was investigating a warranty claim on a C36 with a broken diff......

The young guy who owned it had been doing burnouts in it, but had carefully cleaned the underside of the car, and replaced the tyres with near new's so that it didn't look thrashed. Unfortunately MB had seen this fairly frequently on other cars and immediately removed the wheel arch lining materials to find nothing but chunks of rubber everwhere (in the hard to reach places).

No warranty claim was processed. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom