Boot Badges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R5RYP

Car
W218 CLS 350 AMG
I have recently bought a W218 CLS 350 petrol in black. I love the car but it doesn't have any badges on the boot.

I am quite proud of the fact it is a 350 V6 and that it is a CLS. I was considering having the badges put on and just wondered peoples thoughts and if other have done this.

Just to make the post a little more interesting, If you still wanted the subtlety of the de-badge how about black badges on a black car?

I have had mine debadged. I prefer it 'clean' so to speak and it is much easier when washing the car!

Attachments

• image-1317107145.jpg
    image-1317107145.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 53
It's a very personal thing, I had them removed from both our cars as I feel it clutters up the back.

I have actually found a picture of what I was thinking

Attachments

• 2011-2015-mercedes-benz-cls-amg-style-rear-trunk-lip-spoiler%20(4).jpg
    2011-2015-mercedes-benz-cls-amg-style-rear-trunk-lip-spoiler%20(4).jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 82
When we bought ours it was already badge less, i wasnt really happy about it at first but love the clean looks now.

The first thing I did was to remove CLK280 from boot lid.

On dark colours de-badging makes a big difference IMHO ... less so with silver.

I did exactly that on my black CLS.
I did not really like it so swapped it back.
No photos, sorry.
It's easily changeable.

The black on black looks pretty cool! It's a personal thing but my E55 W210 was badgeless when I bought it! Prefer it that way as most people don't know what it is and can't understand why they can't keep up with the old girl :eek:

I'm not sure about MB, but if you buy badges from BMW, I'm sure they give you a template for setting the out. Might be the same?

I've tried looking on the net but does anyone know where I can get a template for a W218 to put the badges on?

Much appreciated in advance.

Don't know about Mercedes, but other brands have the templates in the EPC / WIS for the corresponding parts.

Last year, this was posted in answer to the same question (beware I think it was for W219): http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2055406-post10.html

That thread did not uncover a specific template, and I cannot find one in WIS or EPC either. Some people have made up cardboard templates themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom