Boot floor pic please - C Class saloon W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

limby

Car
C320 CDI W204
Please could I trouble someone with a W204 to please post a pic of the spare wheel well/battery area underneath the boot floor please. I want to check if my car is normal!
Thanks in advance...

I don't have a pic, but am intrigued - why do you think it is not normal? Please post up a pic.

S

I don't have a pic, but am intrigued - why do you think it is not normal? Please post up a pic.

S

I would have expected some sort of additional cover particularly over the battery area, it all seems a bit, well, exposed if you know what I mean. The boot floor doesnt seem to clip in place firmly either so just wondered if I was missing any parts. Bearing in mind the other random bits that have been missing from my car that I've had to fit I wouldnt be surprised!

Just the carpet attached to a bit of hardboard is all that I have covering the wheel well and battery. Wouldn't expect much else to be honest.

This is all I have to hand. Spare wheel and battery underneath with no additional cover....

EDIT: just realised you are talking saloon, not estate.

Attachments

• DSC_0444.jpg
    DSC_0444.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0443.jpg
    DSC_0443.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 83
Yup mine looks like that. I love the fact you get a set of disposable gloves in with the tools. All that's missing is a hatchet and a body bag!

Early w204s have the battery exposed. Newer ones have a plastic cover on the battery itself. I challenged the dealer on this and he said only newer models come with it. Mine is 11 plate without the cover and when I checked the car at the dealers it was 12 plate so I would assume anything older than that should come with to the cover.

thanks for all the replies, it seems my car is normal this time!

Mines a 61 plate and a plastic cover was fitted by the dealer at the first service.

Mines a 61 plate and a plastic cover was fitted by the dealer at the first service.

Do you have a picture by any chance? Mine's an '08 so it seems they don't come with a cover but might be useful to know if there is one for a later model that may fit..

Mine is a 12 plate and has a plastic cover

Mine is a 12 plate and has a plastic cover

Are you referring to the small plastic cover shielding the battery terminal or is there a larger cover over the battery itself?

Mine's a full cover, I'll take a photo tomorrow if I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom