Boot Key/Button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
Can anyone tell me the size of the W202 rear boot button on the actual boot lid? I'm hoping it's around 1.25" or slightly bigger so I can take it out and put this in there instead :D

It's not that I'm too lazy to measure myself, I'm just stuck here at work till 10pm tonight and would like to order asap if it'll fit. :p

It's been done before on a C36 - I forget the guys name - he works at Oxford Car Audio, so there is at least one camera that fits.

Good to know, but I'm hoping this wide-angle one will fit as it seems so much better suited to the job than most I've seen before, with a mirrored image etc.

GrahamC230K said:
It's been done before on a C36 - I forget the guys name - he works at Oxford Car Audio, so there is at least one camera that fits.
C36 and C43 have different sized boot locks/buttons. It's a pre/facelift thing.

AH! Well it be the facelift boot button then, is one bigger than the other?

McGreggor said:
AH! Well it be the facelift boot button then, is one bigger than the other?
Yes, I'm trying to remember which is bigger though.

I think one of the problems faced by people trying to fit a facelift bootlid to a pre-facelift car is that the pre-facelift lock rattles around in the hole on the facelift bootlid.

Facelift is probably bigger.

Camera outputs NTSC, hope it matches your LCD tuner.

What are you using to display the image, Command ?
Good luck, sounds a great mod.

AJTHOMAS said:
Camera outputs NTSC, hope it matches your LCD tuner.

What are you using to display the image, Command ?
Good luck, sounds a great mod.

Nah, command is a nice mod, but it just doesn't do everything I want it to, so i'm putting together a PC carputer, with one of these screens mounted up front. The great thing is, this screen auto switches to a new source if detected, so If the camera is powered via the reversing lights, the screen will auto change to the rear cam when reverse is selected! :D

Looks like it will fit with a few mm to spare! :D

So how did people end up securing the smaller lock in the facelift boot when they updated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom