Boot latch cover plastic thing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

morgyface

Car
Mercedes C 180 Kompressor Estate 2004
I bought a C180 estate at the weekend. All seems good though the boot rattles. I don't want it to rattle any more.

Anyway, I could be wrong, but it appears there's a plastic cover thingy missing off the right hand side of the boot latch.

Here is a picture...

merc-latch.jpg

See what I mean. On the left there is a black plastic angular cover thing over the metal, on the right no such cover exists.

If I am correct, does anyone know what it's called or know the part number so I can replace it and cease the rattle.

If this is how it's supposed to look, please ignore my post. However any advice on what the rattle could be would be much appreciated.

Solved

So I resolved this, turns out I was correct in thinking the plastic cover was missing from the right hand catch.

The black plastic spring loaded cover is not available as an individual part it is bundled in with the Boot Clamp which is part number A 203 740 00 32.

I ordered one through the dealership and fitted it myself.

I removed the protective trim by taking out the four torx bolts (one either end and two in the middle) and then yanked it to release the plastic clips. Then I replaced the clamp which is held in place with two larger torx bolts.

Took me 5 minutes and now NO rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom