Boot latch not releasing with central unlock - CLK350 A209 convertible 2006

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Automac29

Car
A207 E-Class E220 BlueTec AMG-line Cabriolet 2015 auto
My a209 boot (trunk) latch handle will not unlock when unlocking the general car central locking on the remote fob. It will, however, release correctly both when I press the dedicated ‘boot only’ button on the fob and also pressing the button on the drivers door. This only started in the past week, previously it had been ‘normal’ and released when the central locking opened the doors.

I presume that I have altered a ‘security’ setting in some way due to my ‘finger trouble’ as I could see that there might be a reason to not have the boot release at the same time as the doors. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Does the remote fob unlock both driver & passenger doors, or just the driver door?
The remote central locking has 2 modes:
A) Fob unlock button unlocks drivers door on first press, both doors+boot on second press.
B) Fob unlocks both doors+boot on first press.
Swap between the two modes by holding both lock+unlock fob buttons for several seconds.

Ian.

Does the remote fob unlock both driver & passenger doors, or just the driver door?
The remote central locking has 2 modes:
A) Fob unlock button unlocks drivers door on first press, both doors+boot on second press.
B) Fob unlocks both doors+boot on first press.
Swap between the two modes by holding both lock+unlock fob buttons for several seconds.

Ian.
Thank you Ian. I will give that a try! Mine has always done your B) until now. Sounds a distinct possibility.

Thank you Ian. I will give that a try! Mine has always done your B) until now. Sounds a distinct possibility.
Ian - I can't seem to persuade my fob to 'change modes' perhaps a 2006 vehicle wasn't set up with this. I also read that my problem could be caused by failing batteries in the key fob and so have changed both batteries in the 2 fobs that I have - no change. So I now conclude that I must have a wiring break around the boot area as I had the same (? similar) problem a few years ago which my 'Indie' traced to a wire break probably resulting for boot lid movements over time. I will ask him again! Thanks for your thoughts though.

Is the little plastic handle that you pull up to open the boot returning down completely when you release it? They can get sticky, and it confuses the locking if it is sticking.

Is the little plastic handle that you pull up to open the boot returning down completely when you release it? They can get sticky, and it confuses the locking if it is sticking.
I will double-treble check it but my first impression is "yes" it returns nicely. But I noticed that the key insertion 'slot' to the left is looking a 'bit mucky' so probably worth a clean and a squirt of 3-in-1 in there because it could be something there. The 'odd' thing is that the remote-release for the boot (only) works fine on the fob, as does the push switch in the cabin - leading me to think "where could the wire break if both of these are working fine?". I will do the 'clean and squirt' and report back. Thanks for your thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom