Boot lid cable trunking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrLCA

Car
2011 C250 CDI
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. It's kind of electrical and bodywork at the same time.

I have managed to split the rubber boot that protects the cables running into the boot lid. I have ordered a new one from mercedes but they were unable to answer this question:

Is there a plug in the boot lid or roof that I can unplug to feed the wires through the new sleeve? Or am I going to have to cut all the wires and rejoin them?

Its on a w204 estate.

Screenshot_2021-11-24-18-41-30-57_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Thanks,

Lawrence.

Looks to me as if everything on the one side of that rubber gaiter will need to be removed to replace it i would say that the cable loom is fitted through the rubber gaiter first then fitted in to the boot lid. Only other way is to split it end to end super glue it after but thast will spoil the look of it .

Thanks for your response. Mercedes finally got back to me today and confirmed that the rubber boot isn't available separately as it comes as part of the loom. I'm definitely not replacing a wiring loom!

Mr LCA I f i were you i would visit a spare parts yard ..your looking for a damaged boot lid then they might let you rtemove the loom to purchase the rubber gaiter you need .

I have just been on Ebay there are some looms on there give it a try .

Do a search on google images for --- C250 Tailgate Cable Kit . --- And also change the words around to look further . Metzer do a repair kit h for BMW drop them a line to see if they do a repair kit for yours . There iare a few who sell lots of items for Metzer on ebay you could message them as well ....i am stuck now i can not help you any more on this,, good luck .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom