BOOT LID SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MARKC4995

Car
C class coupe w204 220cdi
Hi
I have a Canvansite blue w204 coupe.
Need advice pleas.
I want to have a boot lid spoiler fitted.
Do i go for same colour as car or gloss black which are more available ??
Can anyone recommend where to buy ? And do I go self adhesive tape DIY ?
All replies appreciated
Cheers

Markc4995

Try and source a good one with good reviews. Aftermarket parts are hit and miss, some have a very poor fit. Black is easily available as it is a universal colour and many fit a black spoiler to a different coloured car. Buy a decent one, offer it up to the car and see if you like it in black. If not, a bodyshop will paint it in the correct colour for not much money.
As for the adhesive, 3M tape is widely used with good results, especially for a thin boot spoiler. You can use some adhesive if you are worried about it falling off. Can't recommend where to buy from, sorry.

Post a picture of your car so folk can give you their opinion but at the end of the day it’s what appeals to you.

Personally I would go body colour, unless your car already has black accents.

This will sound crazy but I have bought OE copy pre painted lip spoilers from sellers in Taiwan on eBay and they have fitted perfectly with spot on colour match. 3M tape.

I was going to buy plain spoilers for my car and have them painted black, bought 1 and the fit was terrible and would have needed a lot of work to make fit, so sent it back and then deceided to go down the carbon fibre route with the thought they come finished ready to fit and they did

Use proper 3M VHB automotive tape (it's what the car manufacturers use) & get the instructions on line before using it. Don't use adhesive.

I prefer the spoiler to be subtle & match the body colour but it's your car.

Use proper 3M VHB automotive tape (it's what the car manufacturers use) & get the instructions on line before using it. Don't use adhesive.

I prefer the spoiler to be subtle & match the body colour but it's your car.

thanks to all for comments and advice appreciated cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom