Boot lock button intermittently faulty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGJames

Car
C43
Hi everyone,

The lock button in my boot intermittently doesn't work (boot close button always works), pressing it sometimes closes the boot and locks the car, other times it does nothing at all. The key is always in my pocket close by the boot when I am testing it.

Car is under MB extended warranty but they want me to pay for a diagnostic (circa £100) to then tell if the fault is covered by the warranty.

Worryingly 'electronics' are covered, but 'wiring' and 'wear and tear' are not.

Any ideas what this fault is likely to be caused by? Last thing I want is to pay £100 and be told it is wiring & not covered... would rather just use the key fob to lock the car!

Many thanks

Hi everyone,

The lock button in my boot intermittently doesn't work (boot close button always works), pressing it sometimes closes the boot and locks the car, other times it does nothing at all. The key is always in my pocket close by the boot when I am testing it.

Car is under MB extended warranty but they want me to pay for a diagnostic (circa £100) to then tell if the fault is covered by the warranty.

Worryingly 'electronics' are covered, but 'wiring' and 'wear and tear' are not.

Any ideas what this fault is likely to be caused by? Last thing I want is to pay £100 and be told it is wiring & not covered... would rather just use the key fob to lock the car!

Many thanks
Hi AMGJames,

I have a 2021 C43 with exactly the same issue. Most frustrating. Did MB come to the party? If so, what was the problem and was it an easy fix? I’d be most interested to hear.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom