Boot lock jammed W204 2008 c class estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rico71

Car
W204 estate
Hello all, newbie with a W204 320 estate 2008 AMG wheels. Alas, some funk has already occurred:

The car has a soft close boot:

1. Boot lock jammed - replaced by dealer I bought car from - wasn't able to open the boot with the blade at the time.
2. Boot lock jammed again - when I picked it up from the indie dealer after some other works, I found the boot lights weren't going off when using the boot soft close. Manually closing it was ok. Next day the boot soft close was doing its job. Great! Nine days later, loaded car to go to work, on this slushy snow day, and the boot won't open and the boot won't shut tight. And the boot lights won't turn off. Dealer has ordered new latch (they were meant to from the time I picked it up). Still stuck with a boot that won't shut and lights that won't go off when I lock the car.

So, How do I stop my battery being drained by boot lights?
Or how do I open the tailgate without breaking things and turn of the lights!

Clutching at straws... please help! Thanks!

Looks like you might have to climb in there and prise the lenses off the load space lights and remove the bulbs.
You might get an error come up on the dashboard but it wont stop you driving...a flat battery will though.

Good luck.

Cheers - any ideas on unjamming the lock without drastic action an damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom