Boot lock jammed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sveeturi

Car
C 200
Hi,

I am having Merc C200 saloon, looks like its boot lock is jammed. I tried to open it up with metal key, key is turning (I can hear the motor sound as well) but boot is not opening up. Looks like somthing is jammed inside. I calledup RAC they looked at it and said auto locksmith can only do this, I tried auto locksmith they says they can't really help since this is a mechanical problem. I believe I should take my car to Merc service garage, can you please suggest me any good Merc service experts in and around Hounslow or Iselworth area please.

Thank You for reading.
Veetu

You will need a new lock complete. Buy it from your local main dealer. Take a passport as form of ID.

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering how this jammed boot lock will be opened. Does this require to break the rear lights ..etc?. Any idea?.

The procedure for opening the boot lock with the metal key blade is as follows;

Insert key.
Turn key counter clockwise to about 10 o’clock
Hold key in 10 o’clock position and push key and lock slot inwards.

Dec

If that does not work you will need to break the lock. Do this by hitting it hard inwards.

Drilling it. would be a preferred method :)

I just broke my little finger this morning with a slide hammer when I should have drilled the lock.

Bad link.............

Last edited:
@E270 I wish it shouldn't be a major injury..take care n be careful.

There is a 3rd way in via the First Aid box, if you have one.
Try the key first.

Dec

I applied lots of WD40 and tried with key in 10 o'clock angle, it worked :) Thank you so much Dec. You saved me from spending £££. Thank you to all for your help.

Regard,
Veeturi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom