Boot lock problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

salfordmerc

Car
C200
First excuse my ignorance I feel really stupid asking this...
I think alarm is faulty on my kompressor c200, so I am now locking the car manually with the key part of fob,no problem..however boot will not lock,will go in ok and turn to lock the boot but have to turn key back again to get it out,thus unlocks...do i have to give it a quarter turn and try and force it out...........hope this makes sense,tried various other roots..opening shutting it with key in......no luck.... help pls...spent all mornin on this.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

What model is it: W202 or W203? Not sure? What year is it?

if a w202 you need to keep spraying the boot lock with 3 in 1 oil for a few days

if this wont work you will need to take the lock apart a clean their is a how to some were i think

also what year is the car preface lift or face lifted

M271........05 plate,any help appreciated.Just had the neighbor look at it and he was baffled too....

flipping eck...was hoping for a solution from one of you guys...

First excuse my ignorance I feel really stupid asking this...
I think alarm is faulty on my kompressor c200, so I am now locking the car manually with the key part of fob,no problem..however boot will not lock,will go in ok and turn to lock the boot but have to turn key back again to get it out,thus unlocks...do i have to give it a quarter turn and try and force it out...........hope this makes sense,tried various other roots..opening shutting it with key in......no luck.... help pls...spent all mornin on this.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

When you turn the key to the locked position, try operating the boot opening handle before you turn the key back to remove it.

Or

Operate the boot opening handle and then use the key to lock the bootboot …while still holding the opening handle.

Dec

Last edited:
Test the powere supply, if OK, give the lock mech a few shots of WD 40. Leave for a couple of days :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom