Boot protector+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Theador

Car
C63 BiTurbo Estate W205
I've just taken ownership of a W205 C63 BiTurbo estate. The car will be used now and again to carry stuff in the boot with the seats down. Years ago I had a Genuine BMW e91 Boot liner protector that:
  • covered the whole boot, up the sides, rear of boot door - with a bit that then flapped down and became a sill protector - and back of seats and suckered onto the side windows and wedged into the back seat headrests,
  • had an extra section which could be Velcro'd to the front of the protector, suckered onto the two rear door windows and wedged into the headrests of the front seats which effectively turned the whole rear area into one large loading bay.

Has anyone seen anything similar for the W205? All the ones I find do the first bit, but not the second. I quite often take a couple of bikes in the back of the car and having the full area covered means the bikes can be put in without taking wheels off etc. If they come back muddy I just have to take the whole cover out and hose it down.

On my third MB estate now and opt for it over a saloon primarily because I am addicted to riding bikes and don't want the faff of having to take the wheels off or roof mount it. You could probably eat your dinner out of my boot as I am OCD and it's that clean! But all I ever use is bunch of past their sell by duvet covers, bed sheets and towels. Gives you the option to pad out the sides, lay one bike on top of the other without them rubbing etc. and you can then just chuck the whole lot in the washing machine if they get muddy.

Can't offer you a more formal solution I'm afraid :)

Try these guys - Mercedes C Class Estate (Lift Out Luggage Cover) 2014 - Onwards Custom Boot Liner

I used them for a complete liner for my previous car (Audi A6 Avant), I got the fold down bumper protector and the extension which hooked around the front seats. Basically the entire boot with seats folded was protected. Did its job perfectly (also waterproof), in fact, I still use part of it not for my C63 saloon, its a bit big but protects absolutely everything because of it :)

Highly recommended.

Try these guys - Mercedes C Class Estate (Lift Out Luggage Cover) 2014 - Onwards Custom Boot Liner

I used them for a complete liner for my previous car (Audi A6 Avant), I got the fold down bumper protector and the extension which hooked around the front seats. Basically the entire boot with seats folded was protected. Did its job perfectly (also waterproof), in fact, I still use part of it not for my C63 saloon, its a bit big but protects absolutely everything because of it :)

Highly recommended.
Thanks sounds like exactly what I’m after.

Highly recommended.
Ordered one today. Looks pretty much the same as the BMW badged one I had so wondering if they just had a bunch made up by these guys. Thanks for the link

Ordered one today. Looks pretty much the same as the BMW badged one I had so wondering if they just had a bunch made up by these guys. Thanks for the link
No worries. I don't know if they contract manufacture for anyone but the quality is spot on. The only issue I had with the liner for the Audi was that the velcro wouldn't stick to the interior panels, because of the material Audi use. No such issue with the Mercedes though :)

I have one for a W211 if anybody interested? Live just off the M6 J31

No worries. I don't know if they contract manufacture for anyone but the quality is spot on. The only issue I had with the liner for the Audi was that the velcro wouldn't stick to the interior panels, because of the material Audi use. No such issue with the Mercedes though :)
Having two big dirty dogs, boot liners have been a must for many years. All the ones I've used have eventually had this problem with the velcro. So I recently bought a boot buddy liner. It's a self supporting structure made to fit the exact shape of your model car. Bumper protector can also be added. Expensive but does the job very well and I'm sure will outlast the usual type of liner several times over, as it's rigid and no velcro involved so much harder for the dogs to wear/ruin 😁

The one I had in the BMW had a suction cup on each side to attach to the rear quarter windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom