Boot release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hey guys,

A query for you, for some reason the button on the boot where you put the key in seems to be stuck half way in/half way out.

I have tried my best and every method I know to get it out and to try and release/open the boot.

Does anyone know of any ways in which I can get it to open. It hasn't really bothered me until now (the day before I go back to Bristol and take the majority of my things with me). It wouldn't be too much of a problem if my C250's ABS sensor would arrive from MB so that the garage could fit it and it can have it's MOT certificate. (been in the garage since Tuesday!!!)

Any ideas and ways on how to open the boot will be helpful please.

And thank you to any help in advance :)

Ibrar

This happened to mine several times.Generous use of WD40 seemed to cure it as once it had done it's work it popped back to it's normal position.
I take it you also have the remote boot release button near the gear lever.Mine also has the release button on the key fob.I suspect lack of use of the actual button on the boot added to it sticking.

WD40 has had no effect on it. I sprayed the key hole and its surrounding area, came back to let it settle, pushed the button multiple many times and it managed to do nothing.

By using the key it should open it, its stiff to turn and anti clockwise it think pushing the button at the same time may help

Superb, thanks Malcolm. Shall give it another try with more WD40 and extra elbow action :)

PTFE or Silicon it is then. Are they easily bought from a local B&Q store or other DIY shops?

I managed to get the button to pop back out again, so I tried the key fob and the car boot release button to attempt to open the boot. However it didn't seem to open. So I put the key in the boot keyhole and the stupid thing went back in again and won't pop out! D'oh!

W202, and nope it isn't. The central locking doesn't work at all.

The button on the bootlid is funny on the facelift w202 (don't know about pre-facelift) but it doesn't seem to be actually connected directly to the boot release. If the boot is open and you press the button you can hear a solenoid or something whirring and clicking elsewhere in the boot.

If your central locking isn't working then this just confirms my theory.

How would I go about repairing my central locking? None of the pushers seem to go up/down when using the keyfob.

Thanks again Malcolm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom