Boot spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rubyred

Car
2017 C Class AMG Line
Hi all, has anyone fitted an original Mercedes boot lip spoiler to a C Class saloon W205.
Ive read on other posts with people fitting after market ones with varying degrees of success, but of course they are much cheaper
than the Mercedes part. Just wondering if they are actually worth the extra money.
Thanks
Keith

All brande spoliers (e.g. Brabus) will be more expensive than unknown brands from eBay. So there are good-quality non-original spoilers to be had as well, if you are willing to pay more.

The application is important, they fit using adhesive tape and it's important to check alignment first and then properly clean the paintwork before attaching the spoiler.

Also, keep in mind that the spoiler will need to be sprayed to match the car's paint colour before attaching it to the car (unless you're OK with a matt black spoiler). Or you could shrink-wrap it in carbon-fibre effect.

If you are lucky, you might be able to find on eBay a genuine second-hand spoiler in good condition and a paint colour already matching yours. You can use 3M adhesive tape to fix it.

Last edited:
I've been contemplating fitting the C43 type spoiler but @ circa £450 + painting I don't think it's a goer. The others I've seen at a fraction of the price look a little bit too boy-racer for my taste.

Thanks for the reply MarkJay. There is a large price difference with these spoilers, maybe best to look at mid price after market one. Yes I do intend spraying It the same colour as the car, so have to consider that cost as well. Will keep looking and see what comes up.
Keith

I fitted an aftermarket spoiler on my W204 paid £35 from eBay looks fantastic! Like markjay said spend time making sure the paintwork is clean and alignment is good and it's fairly simple if I'm being honest

I've been contemplating fitting the C43 type spoiler but @ circa £450 + painting I don't think it's a goer. The others I've seen at a fraction of the price look a little bit too boy-racer for my taste.
I got mine (in the correct colour) from MB 'used' parts shop in Germany. Waited until there was an offer on and paid about Euro 200. You'll need to use google translate if you cannot read German. There are different grades for the status of the part - mine was second best and was basically shop spoiled with a couple of scuff marks that I polished out. I expect that teh top grade would be "as new"

Mine was ordered from Amazon, but actually came delivered from Germany and took around 2 weeks from order to receipt. Ordered it painted in Obsidian Black and the match is top notch, even down to the appearance of the metallic flecks in it. In fact, when my car was in the dealers this week (another story) the chap who walked me back to it to pick it up said it looked superb.

I paid about £180 for it. As others have said, fitting is dead easy. I ordered some proper 3M double sided tape and replaced the tape that was on the spoiler at delivery, and also used some isopropyl alcohol to ensure the boot lip was properly clean and decontaminated. It's on rock solid.

Fitted one to mine in gloss blackScreenshot_20210704_000822.jpg

Thank you for your responses, I’d forgotten about this post as I decided not to go with a spoiler.
Spent enough recently on four tyres and other bits and pieces, warranty expires next month also, will extend it, more pennies!
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom