Boot Stuck Shut on w208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tacho d

Car
Mercedes Benz W209 CLK 220 CDI
OH DEAR!! The boot on my CLK has defied all my attempts to open it. The button on the console will not work despite the red light on that button being on. No luck with the key fob button or the manual key on the key fob. Is there any other way to access the boot or reset the solenoid that opens it? I tried getting in through the back seats, but the catch to unlock them is in the boot. :wallbash:

Just to check, you have tried spraying a lubricant (not WD40 preferably) in to the boot lock and you are pressing the boot key in and turning and not just turning it?

I only ask because I remember someone not doing so in a similar post 👍👍

Good point, just sprayed it with WD a half hour ago. Will let it work and try again later.

Good point, just sprayed it with WD a half hour ago. Will let it work and try again later.
OK.

As said, WD40 not the best, it's a Water Dispersant (WD) but may help.

Any PTFE or Silicon spray around?

OK.

As said, WD40 not the best, it's a Water Dispersant (WD) but may help.

Any PTFE or Silicon spray around?
Found some AC50 I use on the bicycle chain with PTFE. Key now works, turned anti-clockwise and press. At least I can get in to look at that solenoid and maybe free it or replace it, The battery is in the boot, not being able to get to that was a concern.

Another satisfied customer well done DSM10000 and AC50 spray.
Thank you!

It's a common problem. People rarely use the key in boot lock so it jams up through lack of use end lubtucstioj6👍👍

There is still the nagging question, What operates that lock when the button is pressed? Is it a solenoid? A u-tube video mentioned a vacuum hose attached to the lock. What provides the vacuum if that is the case?

There is still the nagging question, What operates that lock when the button is pressed? Is it a solenoid? A u-tube video mentioned a vacuum hose attached to the lock. What provides the vacuum if that is the case?
Some German cars used a vacuum system for locking and unlocking. Is there a vacuum pump anywhere?

Can you see a tube or a wiring loom and plug going to the lock?

This U-tube video shows the vacuum tube.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom