Boot won't lock!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrSooty

Car
CLK 230 Kompressor
Hi - our 2000 CLK W208 has an issue with the boot, which cannot be locked - either using the remote central locking method OR manually with the key directly - so not the usual problem of being unable to get in!

I have sprayed copious amounts of WD40 into the lock and tried using a pair of pliers to hold the key, whilst gently turning it....without success.

The Garage has now had a go and I am told that the fuse keeps blowing, indicating a break in the wiring.

Clearly, this could take time to identify exactly where the break has occurred and fix the problem, which could result in a (potentially) lumpy bill for labour!

Does anyone know of a cost-effective alternative to finding the wiring break, perhaps by taking the boot lock 'offline' and being able to simply lock/unlock it manually?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi i have this im problem specially in cold mornings,my boot pops after fiew sec. After starting engine, what i found to close boot is i hold gray pin in side car boot botton so reed light comse off and olso hold button from boot for few sec. Almost can hear litlle click and boot shots. I just leave with it. U can buy for testing elecric current pen with bulb in side pen they are old but best they have sharp point so u can pin in wire so u almonst can go by bit un till bulb will light so from this part cable would need be replaced, sorry for not beinng more helpfull.

Hi i have this im problem specially in cold mornings,my boot pops after fiew sec. After starting engine, what i found to close boot is i hold gray pin in side car boot botton so reed light comse off and olso hold button from boot for few sec. Almost can hear litlle click and boot shots. I just leave with it. U can buy for testing elecric current pen with bulb in side pen they are old but best they have sharp point so u can pin in wire so u almonst can go by bit un till bulb will light so from this part cable would need be replaced, sorry for not beinng more helpfull.

Hi Fetos - thanks for the response, but I am not quite clear what you are saying here - can you clarify " holding the gray pin inside boot botton" which turns off the 'red light' inside the car (presumably the one near the gear shift selector?) .....

The only sound I hear currently, when operating the remote locking is the fuel cap being closed/opening....

Thanks

Hi Fetos - thanks for the response, but I am not quite clear what you are saying here - can you clarify " holding the gray pin inside boot botton" which turns off the 'red light' inside the car (presumably the one near the gear shift selector?) .....

The only sound I hear currently, when operating the remote locking is the fuel cap being closed/opening....

Thanks
So sorry im Polish my wrighting is not best, i just hold fully pushed boot button and in this im time on side lock mechanism is color grey like pin i hold pushed fully this as well this turns reed light near gear selector for 6-7 sec. And then i close boot. Work for me. Sorry.

So sorry im Polish my wrighting is not best, i just hold fully pushed boot button and in this im time on side lock mechanism is color grey like pin i hold pushed fully this as well this turns reed light near gear selector for 6-7 sec. And then i close boot. Work for me. Sorry.

Hi Fetos - no need to apologise for anything! My Polish would make you cry and the 'English' of some UK residents would make you laugh....

I don't have the car here currently, but will check a few more things before it goes back to the Garage -
Dziękuję

Thanks no worres

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom