Bootlid Bars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
German oil burner
Hi Guys,

Basically i want to install new bars that lift up the bootlid, the idiot who hit my car must've hit it hard enough to actually bend one of the bars out.

Is this easy to take out and replace? anyone done it before?

Hi Guys,

Basically i want to install new bars that lift up the bootlid, the idiot who hit my car must've hit it hard enough to actually bend one of the bars out.

Is this easy to take out and replace? anyone done it before?

Boot hinges?

You may have to take the parcel shelf out to get at the bolts?

Oh happy days.

Just grab it and bend it back to shape.

Or failing that they're only £35 (or £15 from me) from your local MB parts dept.

A2027500328

A2027500428

It's the fitting that's the pain.

Are you sure your new bootlid is 100% straight?

Last edited:
The bootlid i got came off an immaculate C36, with 0 rust, 0 scratches and it looked perfect on his car.

As soon as it was put onto mine it just doesn't look right, and i spent 2 hours trying to line up the bolts and it just wouldn't sit properly no matter what i did. It opens and closes absolutely fine, but the lines dont look right if you take a closer look.

The problem is, he needs his boot for space and if i was to take them off him it would have to be a swap. His ones are also the right colour too, so saves me having to get it painted!

The bootlid i got came off an immaculate C36, with 0 rust, 0 scratches and it looked perfect on his car.

As soon as it was put onto mine it just doesn't look right, and i spent 2 hours trying to line up the bolts and it just wouldn't sit properly no matter what i did. It opens and closes absolutely fine, but the lines dont look right if you take a closer look.

The problem is, he needs his boot for space and if i was to take them off him it would have to be a swap. His ones are also the right colour too, so saves me having to get it painted!

Aren't the hinges just painted black?

Or am I thinking of 124 ones...

They are colour codedbut covered in a plastic trim type thing to keep the wires away from the boot.

You selling the pair for £15?

nope just one is bent, but i thought it would be better to buy something like this in a pair?

I was thinking to swap his one for my bent one and keep it like that... but maybe it might not be completely in sync with my other bar... or am i being exceptionally an4l? :)

nope just one is bent, but i thought it would be better to buy something like this in a pair?

I was thinking to swap his one for my bent one and keep it like that... but maybe it might not be completely in sync with my other bar... or am i being exceptionally an4l? :)

I suppose while you're changing one you may as well change both, they do break now and then where the spring fits just from wear.

The hard bit is getting at them to change them.

It turned out not to be the bootlid bars at all... i visited Gary at ITAL and he lined it all up for me... top bloke.

Here's some before & After pics:

Attachments

• phpNj8c6kAM.jpg
    phpNj8c6kAM.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 40
  • phptPfhGmAM.jpg
    phptPfhGmAM.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 40
  • toobig.jpg
    toobig.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 40
It turned out not to be the bootlid bars at all... i visited Gary at ITAL and he lined it all up for me... top bloke.
I need to do the same thing with my glovebox lid - the switch/bulb wasn't working due to a manufacturing defect (blob of glue next to the contact!) so I fixed it and now it's on all the time because the lid isn't correctly aligned. Fine during the day but highly annoying at night!

Luckily MB fitted a rubber adjustment bung onto most panels so you can fine-tune the fitment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom