Boots no longer available for SL63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
Just had my SL63 in for its routine B service. Both front dust covers have split on the struts and the dealer is saying you can no longer buy dust covers separately so I’d have to have the struts replaced. Can’t be right can it? It’s a 2009 R230.

^ Ah, I got the wrong part.:D

Well you have the part# for item 50 on that page so sure its worth ringing around.
Even if its not in stock maybe a dealer can order from Germany.
There must be a couple around somewhere.

Maybe ask some of the dealers who sell these cars, like Edward Hall, if they have any in stock.

^ Ah, I got the wrong part.:D

Well you have the part# for item 50 on that page so sure its worth ringing around.
Even if its not in stock maybe a dealer can order from Germany.
There must be a couple around somewhere.

I’m at a main dealers just now and they are saying they can’t source hence new struts. A quick google showed up a garage in the US selling for $20 but not shipping to the uk. Seems wrong not to have consumable items after only 10yrs.

I’m at a main dealers just now and they are saying they can’t source hence new struts. A quick google showed up a garage in the US selling for $20 but not shipping to the uk. Seems wrong not to have consumable items after only 10yrs.
Incidentally there is a company in the States who will accept Mail from US senders and ship on to the UK. Obviously a bit like the Ebay scheme. It's called something like UsMail but a quick Google should find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom