Bored with my TomTom: I need a new toy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JumboBeef

Car
W124 E220 Estate Auto
I have a TomTom 720. I bought it nearly three years ago. It's good, and does what it says on the box.

However, I feel I need a new toy......:cool:

What can I buy which:

1/ gives me Sat Nat
2/ OS maps
3/ Suitable for walking
4/ Bluetooth for the mobile

Budget? Dunno, but maybe £200-300ish....?

Ideally, small enough to go in my pocket when walking but big enough to be useable in the car.

I don't want anything (such as a phone-based toy) which is on contract. I don't make many calls/texts and I'm happy on PAYG.

Thanks!

An iPhone will do everything you want with the TomTom app and iOSmaps app installed , besides the Googlemaps app that comes on it as standard , but WILL cost a little bit more than £300 on PAYG ( I think you can get the handset for £350ish then the tomtom app is a further £60 or £70 , other apps I mentioned are free ) . Also gives you free wi-fi access at lots of places throughout the UK .

EDIT - you could probably pick up a used iPhone 3G for a lot less ( people who have upgraded to the 3GS will have them for sale ) then just put tom tom and whatever else on it .

Last edited:
Or you could use a Nokia handset. They've just announced that their Nokia Maps turn by turn sat nav for all the world is free. I've got it and use it at times when I do not have the sat nav unit (Garmin). I've used the Nokia maps in the USA and it was really good. HTH

Supa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom