Boring black scrubs up well

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
First time I've ever done anything like this but I'm very pleased with the results. If I can do this, anyone can. So I used the following

Megs Hyperwash snow foam
Some 'normal' car wash
Iron X fallout remover
G3 Clay mitt
G3 quick detailer spray
3M scratch and swirl remover used with Megs cutting pad and Megs DA polisher
Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner
Blackfire paint sealant
3M Scotch blue masking tape

Wheels were taken off, cleaned and then sealed. Engine bay isn't perfect but a lot cleaner than it was.
Mandatory reflection shots

IMG-20200722-WA0021_zps0h3zlsz1.jpg

IMG-20200722-WA0024_zpsauxvc035.jpg

IMG-20200722-WA0020_zpshpyejjnr.jpg

IMG_20200720_185551_zpstjr5baru.jpg

IMG-20200713-WA0010_zpsxcevoc1h.jpg

IMG_20200722_133432_zpsnqodstnr.jpg

Very Nice Bob;)

Nice job Bob! :)

Looking sharp there Bob!

Still like the D3s.

Do you know the score now with the crazy-price brakes in terms of what you will do when they come to need replacing?

That looks great, god i'm jealous...mainly because i am so lazy !!!

Great looking motor, nice job. :cool: :)👍

Do you know the score now with the crazy-price brakes in terms of what you will do when they come to need replacing?

Not yet John. I do have some time on my side as it's just under 99k on the clock and a set of discs should double that (or at least 150k). Seeing as I only do 3-4k a year hopefully not required in the near future. I have seen a very decent used set but it has the complete set of calipers etc which bumps the price up. Or I could buy a disc at a time lol, only if I am keeping it for a very very long time though. there is always the option of steel brake conversion.

how did you find the iron x

I'm truing to decide between it and BH korrosol

how did you find the iron x

I'm truing to decide between it and BH korrosol

I found it very good. My brother has used it a lot in the past and had lots of it so I decided to see how good it was. Worked very well. I would have ordered the BH if I didn't have the Iron X as the BH wheel cleaner is very very good.

Either product should do a good job, depends on personal taste. Try the BH and post your results, I don't think you will be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom