Bornite paint supply...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeyb1049

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get hold of any Bornite/'Blackberry' paint? I have a couple of bits I need to touch up :(

A touch up pen ?

Take your VIN to the dealers , they sell them.

If you go to any decent motor factors they usually have a facility to mix up a particular paint shade "while you wait" and supply it in a 300/500ml aerosol can. They should have extensive shade charts to allow you to match up your cars paint finish. It helps that
1. you have the car in question with you.
2. its clean!
3. You have given the local area to be matched a good polish with a good mild cutting/polishing compound such as Farecla G3 to get the true colour.
4. If its a metallic remember to get a suitable clear laquer aerosol at the same time.

Remember also that spraying a layer of clear lacquer on top of a light metallic base coat tends to " darken it" slightly if you are stuck between 2 very similar base coats.

vis a vis:- buying a combined repair pack of 2 small aerosols base coat and lacquer direct from Mercedes-- in theory the best way--- I have had mixed experience with these -- some are very good----- but others were not too good- possibly due to being matched to a different paint batch from the factory??? or due to ageing of the cars paintwork.
Custom paint matching from a decent supplier as detailed above is the way to go IMHO

That's sounds like a plan - thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom