Bornite s124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
I'm sure anyone interested in a w124 estate would check Nick's site as a matter of course, but I thought this particular car warranted posting. I'm normally not a fan of the cloth seats in the w124 but the black sports check in this one looks stunning. Bornite also looks amazing on this car.

http://www.************/carsforsale.php?page=detail&id=200741

Link doesnt work? Might be me.

Nice

For some reason this site blocks Nick's site, but an alternative link to Car and Classic.

By coincidence I was down with Nick yesterday and I had a good look at the car - lovely external colour, but the interior is wonderful - the gray border has a really good herringbone, while the check has a touch of pink in it, it could almost be Harris Tweed. It looks absolutely stunning in the flesh, a very rare car.

Is it me or can I not see a price? Thanks for the link btw

Thanks!

It's not you - it's Nick's policy.

I'd genuinely like to know why. Nick, perhaps you'd be kind enough to give an insight, as this practice (in general, not yours) was discussed elsewhere sometime ago, and no-one could understand it.

Last edited:
I'd genuinely like to know why. Nick, perhaps you'd be kind enough to give an insight, as this practice (in general, not yours) was discussed elsewhere sometime ago, and no-one could understand it.

Isn't it because classic cars can be expensive if refurbished to a decent standard, but the apparent high price puts people off when just browsing, whereas having no price displayed encourages them to phone up, which is when the seller can entice them into a viewing and demonstrate the reasoning behind the pricing.

i prefer to see the price personally but i can see why it may be better not to show it and allow customer to phone and show interest 1st.

It's an interesting one. I used to look after car dealers for Top Marques magazine and Autotrader years ago (selling them ads and managing them too) and now and again we would leave the prices out as a test.
It does increase traffic for sure but also gets time wasters.
Probably ideal for Nick though as these sort of cars attract a certain type of buyer less likely to be a time waster in general.
It is a lovely car well presented.

Lovely car!
Price? Well how much would you pay for it? Gotta be worth anywhere between three and five grand,possibly more.
Putting a value on an older car is nigh on impossible.
If that's the car you want. With the spec you want,then go see it,speak to the vendor,interact and make the decision.
The best price is always the one you're happy to pay.

Lovely car!
Price? Well how much would you pay for it? Gotta be worth anywhere between three and five grand,possibly more.
Putting a value on an older car is nigh on impossible.
If that's the car you want. With the spec you want,then go see it,speak to the vendor,interact and make the decision.
The best price is always the one you're happy to pay.

Lovely colour - but i would forego it for these far more sensibly priced ones
Mercedes E280 Estate For Sale (1994) on Car And Classic UK [C333503]
Big miles - but again no silly price
Used Automatic Mercedes-Benz E Class E280 2.8 ESTATE in Newbury. Second Hand Cars SN6837906

Well, the last time it was discussed, we were talking about the opposite, six figure, end of the market, and ended with similar speculations to those posted since my question, which is why I would love to hear it from the horses's mouth, so to speak. It's neither good/bad, right/wrong, but I'm genuinely interested.

I must admit, im a little confused when it comes to leaving the price out, now im not saying its wrong, I just dont really understand why, surly it just means Nick gets loads of wasted calls because when the person phones up they cant afford it?

If I recall, Nick never put asking prices on his site, but he did put sold prices at one time. We are talking 8 years ago when I bought my s124 off him. It is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom