Bosch Aerotwin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickjonesn4

Car
E55K AMG Wagon, Porsche 993 C2S, Polestar 2
If anyone is looking for very good replacement wiper blades for E55k then these are just the ticket. Silent and much better than OEM at clearing the screen. 2 min job to fit too - highly recommended

Got to disagree sadly, I've tried both Bosch and OEM and find OEM are better and last longer.

Got to disagree sadly, I've tried both Bosch and OEM and find OEM are better and last longer.

Could never get my OEM ones to stop squeaking. Will report back on longevity but the silent operation is a big plus.

Could never get my OEM ones to stop squeaking. Will report back on longevity but the silent operation is a big plus.

When I hear squeaking I tend to look towards the screen contaminates. A good clay and then clean with something like Tardis normally cures such problems.

I find that products like rainx and duxbac tend to cause a bit of squeaking and juddering.

I changed my Bosch aerotwin wipers to Valeo ones last winter and find they are far better.
As above, a claybar/mitt used on the screen now and then keeps it cleaner.

Last edited:
I changed my Bosch aerotwin wipers to Valeo ones last winter and find they are far better.
As above, a claybar/mitt used on the screen now and then keeps it cleaner.

Will give them a try next time round. The aerotwins were a massive improvement on first outing in the passing rain this morning and no squeaking!

Will give them a try next time round. The aerotwins were a massive improvement on first outing in the passing rain this morning and no squeaking!
Edinburgh rain is for wimps, Glasgow has real mans rain !

I love the wear indicator feature on the OEM blades. Always reminds me that a worn wiper blade is about exposure to the elements rather than use.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160924_153744.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160924_153744.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 30
I love the wear indicator feature on the OEM blades. Always reminds me that a worn wiper blade is about exposure to the elements rather than use.

Not to Mention the 3 pointed Star in the centre of the blade where it attaches to the arm ;)

I went through two sets of original MB wiper blades (SWF), and then two sets of Bosch Aerotwin, and to be honest I can't tell them apart.... I found both to be quiet, efficient, and long lasting.

This is cool

What do the different colours mean ?

My OEM blade are squeaking a bit - I also et a fair bit of wiper slap when they park against the scuttle panel ....is there any easy fix ?

My windscreen has been clayed and auto finesse tough coat applied and they still squeek

Not sure if there is a Merc fitment but I have used Michelin blades on other cars and found them to be very good.

This is cool

What do the different colours mean ?

My OEM blade are squeaking a bit - I also et a fair bit of wiper slap when they park against the scuttle panel ....is there any easy fix ?

My windscreen has been clayed and auto finesse tough coat applied and they still squeek

White triangle is the change them sign. The orange is just the cover that comes to protect the uv sensitive patch. The black is how it looks when they are new and don't need changing.

White triangle is the change them sign. The orange is just the cover that comes to protect the uv sensitive patch. The black is how it looks when they are new and don't need changing.

Just to say that the patch simply indicates the amount of UV the blades were exposed to, not the actual condition of the rubber.

I found that the patch fully faded after around 6 (summer) months while the rubber was in fact perfectly serviceable for around 18 to 24 months before it actually started squeaking or smearing.

Just to say that the patch simply indicates the amount of UV the blades were exposed to, not the actual condition of the rubber.

I found that the patch fully faded after around 6 (summer) months while the rubber was in fact perfectly serviceable for around 18 to 24 months before it actually started squeaking or smearing.

Yes, aware its UV sensitive. Mine lasted about a year before the patch was visible. I changed them today about two months since it appeared as I just started to notice a drop in performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom