BOSCH or BENZ .... ParkPilot or QuickPark ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
I was looking becoming a BOSCH buyer. The question is .... would you put BOSCH parts in your car rather than MB supplied BOSCH ?

I notice the price of Quick Park (supply only, no fitting) is around $330 AU.

$330 AUD = $240 USD = $203 EURO = 135 GBP

Im quite happy to buy these in bulk and ship them back to Europe. So if anyone is interested I will setup a contact for orders in EEC.

As far as I am concerned, the price difference, yet similar equipment is valid for Benz .... what is the club opinion.

Next stop ..... rain sensor, Bi-Xenon, Xenon Levelling system. Im sure there is a lot more than just that.

Is the entire quicparc setup made by Bosch ? I thought there was a vehicle specific fitting kit too - does that figure in your price ?

S.

sym said:
Is the entire quicparc setup made by Bosch ? I thought there was a vehicle specific fitting kit too - does that figure in your price ?

S.

This is where neckties dont agree with spanners. From the auto electrician I spoke to and the BOSCH spokesperson there was no discussion of vehicle specific kits.

When I get the entire parts list on hand I will check it myself. This might take several days to acquire.

What is contained in a vehicle specific kit and how does it affect the price ? Is there a reason why someone can not buy a BOSCH kit and improve it with a MB kit ?

I guess its just the templates for the bumper mounting etc. . . Jimmy might be able to confirm , as he has just acquired and fitted one via eBay.

I'm interested in whatever you can get hold of which is OEM quality, at the prices stated - I'm sure others would be too.

S.

The Quickparc is indeed a totally Bosch kit and looks fairly universal. The vehicle specific kit contains the drilling templates, different resistors and actual mounting kits for the sensors. These mounting bezels and gubbins are all MB parts. I think the kit for mine was £14 but I did get it cheap as they had it on the shelf collecting dust for months if not years by the look of it.

jimmy said:
The Quickparc is indeed a totally Bosch kit and looks fairly universal. The vehicle specific kit contains the drilling templates, different resistors and actual mounting kits for the sensors. These mounting bezels and gubbins are all MB parts. I think the kit for mine was £14 but I did get it cheap as they had it on the shelf collecting dust for months if not years by the look of it.

If you have records of the part numbers I would be interested to know.

How specific are the resistors ?

miro said:
If you have records of the part numbers I would be interested to know.

How specific are the resistors ?

The vehicle fitting kits are in the accessory brochure, I could easily get the number off the brains box but don't know about the sensors now they are fitted.

The resistors look like standard automotive blade fuses. Different ohm values for different cars, I think mine is the 1500 ohm, I eperimented with different resistors to see which would give me the closest reading to an obstacle.

jimmy said:
The vehicle fitting kits are in the accessory brochure, I could easily get the number off the brains box but don't know about the sensors now they are fitted.

The resistors look like standard automotive blade fuses. Different ohm values for different cars, I think mine is the 1500 ohm, I eperimented with different resistors to see which would give me the closest reading to an obstacle.

At some point in time in the near future I will acquire various Bosch parts and attempt to buy some of the Benz parts also.

Then we can make a real comparison.

I would be interested in a kit..... or 2.....

ok whats the latest in this?

I reveresed and touched a wall today - i'm well upset :mad:

Koolvin said:
ok whats the latest in this?

I reveresed and touched a wall today - i'm well upset :mad:

I am going to buy the Benz kit since it comes in my cars colour. I cant be bothered sending a bumper for spray painting.

If there is no Benz kit for the W202 then perhaps a BOSCH kit will have to do.

miro said:
I notice the price of Quick Park (supply only, no fitting) is around $330 AU.

$330 AUD = $240 USD = $203 EURO = 135 GBP

Is the price for the back only or does it include the part for the front as well? Also, is it inclusive or exclusive of P &P?

Thanks.

swl said:
Is the price for the back only or does it include the part for the front as well? Also, is it inclusive or exclusive of P &P?

Thanks.

The BOSCH product is similar to the BENZ one but much more simple and not colour matched. It is rear only.

Im almost certain that you may purchase this item as an unfitted kit and just go for it ..... no mechanic can resist a cash sale with no bother.

Why dont you UK boys do a group buy from a BOSCH dealer.

Miro,

Is the parking display the same as MB? and for front and back?

P

me too

sym said:
I'm interested in whatever you can get hold of which is OEM quality, at the prices stated - I'm sure others would be too.

S.

C240Sport97 said:

Like I say, I prefer the Benz kit in the cars same colour with full cable harness integration.

Park Pilot is sold all over the world and it is not limited in supply.

I bought the pukka MB Quickpark, plus the requisite MB vehicle-specific 'fitting kit'. It doesn't come with colour coded bezels - you have to paint them yourself. Unless you have a black car. Like me.

Paul G

PS - it's very good.

I'm would also be interested in a group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom