Bosch or MB battery ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IceBoy

Car
C200cdi W204 auto Elegance
I think I will need to replace the main battery of my E320 cdi w211 (53-reg).

What should I do ?

Go for an MB battery or Bosch from a local motor factors?

Does anyone know what spec the battery should be????

Please help.
Thanks in advance
IceBoy

You may well have 2 -----a small one in the front typically a 12v/12Ah/ 100CCA AGM motorcycle type and a larger AGM in the rear 12v/95Ah/ 850CCA
best thing is to look at the MB batteries that are presently fitted [ assuming its factory fit] for similar ratings--- I would recommend VARTA Battery Search - find batteries by vehicle type - VARTA Automotive [ who make batteries for Bosch and MB;) ] Some folks have got good prices ordering MB batteries through MB commercial parts OUTLETS but best you know exactly the part no you need.

for the small battery http://www.tayna.co.uk/YTX14-BS-Varta-Funstart-AGM-Motorcycle-Battery-512-014-010-P186.html but check dimensions/ rating/batteryholddown/connections/rating of the existing one first

Last edited:
The main dealers are very competitive on battery prices, so try them and go from there.

MB don't make batteries...so just buy the best you can from where ever.

The MB part no for the small under bonnet battery is A2115410001 irrc-- that's only if you need it of course?

Hi,
I have just recently replaced both my 202 batteries, and Euro Car Parts was the most competitive in price too especially with the forums discount, about £40-50 cheaper than MB.

Bear in mind that Bosch is an aftermarket battery. You'll probably find Exide are the O/E equivelant.

I put a Bosch s6 in the Boxster an would probably choose between Bosch and varta for any future replacements.

As a side note I recently bought a ctek charger which reconditions batteries. I have a 2001 SL and I'm not sure how old the current mb battery is but I couldn't even jump start it. The charger reconditions batteries and the car starts rapidly now.

I have a Bosche Silverline heavy duty one with 5yr warranty from Halfords in my e270cdi, cost me £119.00 last year.

Last edited:
The main dealers are very competitive on battery prices, so try them and go from there.
Main dealer does free fitting for batteries bulbs and wiper blades too. Just saying (think of blown SAMs....)

He did say the "main battery"... MB are very good on battery prices but if you can get Bosch S4 or S5 for cheaper then id say they are all as good as each other.

On the W211 its not so important to have the MB sticker on it as its hidden away anyway.

Do you have Mobilo or Mobilolife? If you do, and call out to a starting problem then they will check if there's an MB branded battery, and note the serial number - not covered if the call out is caused by a non-MB battery.

Bosch from ECP with mbclub25 promotion code is a fair bit cheaper though.

renault12ts said:
MB don't make batteries...so just buy the best you can from where ever.

There is a difference with the mb batteries. I don't know why but I've had two 230SL's in with Varta AGM batteries fitted and they cause all manner of voltage issues. Fitted s genuine battery and all is well.

The MB batteries seem to last so much longer. My old ML still has the original fitted. 12 years old now and still ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom