Bosch or Ryobi Garden Tools?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
Most of my powered garden tools that have served me well for many years are manufactured by Black and Decker.

I'm considering buying some new kit, the first of which will be a powered pole pruner/saw (cheaper than constantly employing an arborist) - followed later by a cordless mower (because I'm getting older and have a disability).

My first instinct is to buy Bosch, but Ryobi products also appeal.

Which to choose between?

If you own either brand, what is your real-world experience?

The chap that did the hedges at my last house (1/4 mile of the **** things!) would only buy Stihl for the long reach tools, Honda for the mowers. I've had a Stihl chainsaw and it was a lovely piece of kit - but it got stolen and I bought a cheapie - mistake!!

I have a Ryobi battery screw driver for round the house stuff, simply because it was cheaper than every thing else, looked reasonable and no complaints so far. Still works fine after probably 5 years.
Of course I am not depending on it day to day as part of my job, but for diy I would say they are fine.

Bought a Nyrobi long reach hedge trimmer a few years ago and it was pretty awful.

For me, Lidl is likely to be a better option then Ryobi. My very expensive Ryobi drill seemed to me to be very very poorly built, whereas all the Lidl stuff I've bought has been at least OK, and most of it has been very good.

I would only consider Stihl or Husqvana my parents had a Ryobi strimmer and it fell to pieces after 18months.

Stihl.

Use them, abuse them and they stihl come back for more.

And I don't think they are much more expensive.

Thanks everyone...

It looks like the Bosch AMW 10 will be my preferred option.

It looks like the Bosch AMW 10 will be my preferred option.

I looked at similar things last year and was put off by the reviews - have you read the Amazon ones for example?

I ended up getting a 2nd hand petrol powered Shindaiwa long reach hedge trimmer (with a faulty elbow joint) from eBay, got it repaired and serviced and bought 5l of fuel for less than the new Bosch one.

I worked for a couple of years as a handy man and Gardner I've got the ryobi strimmer and gave it some abuse using for 5-6 lawns a day 5 days a week and it never let me down. I had the petrol version not the 2 stroke one, part of their expand it range. Got it after using and abusing a lot of their power tools loved the fact one 18v battery runs everything again only prob was with battery circular saw was heavy on batteries but a battery upgrade sorted that

Stihl or Husqvana for garden tools, then makita.
Ryobi, bosch, dewalt ok, but not top of the table

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom