Bosch washing machine - no lights???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
Guys I need an advise please.
My BOSCH VARIO PERFECT washing machine doesn't show any sign of life. :dk: When I want to turn it on no lights come on, nothing. Machine is new but because I bought it from an unofficial dealer as an ex display model it came without Bosch warranty. :wallbash:
I have checked the power cable, fuse and socket and all three appears to be fine. Door interlock was stuck and I opened it by a pull bar next to the drain area. I've checked the wires inside the machine and all seams to be in it's place. I am wandering if there is any kind of safety transport/pre-installation switch inside of it but couldn't find any also.
I know obvious answer to call an appliance engineer but is there anything I could do prior to this?
Thanks.

Mercedes Driver, We have a Bosch vario perfect machine & instruction manual, if you'd like a scanned copy of the manual please send me a pm with your e mail addy

dave

You might have a failed mains filter
Washing Machine | How To Repair | Repairs | Problem
Certainly in the past most new washing machines came with transit locking bolts/screws which prevent the drum from moving- in normal operation its suspended by springs /shock absorber These bolts must be removed before operating the machine but this will normally be covered in the user manual?

Last edited:
It may lack a warranty but the supplying dealer is liable under the Sale of Goods Act as the machine needs to be fit for purpose and of merchantable quality.

However, if unofficial means off the back of a truck, you're on your own...

All washing machines have transit bolts… did you remove them?

Dec

[YOUTUBE HD]8WRmex-oJpI[/YOUTUBE HD]

Guys thanks for a reply. I've downloaded manual, tried everything it says but without a result. Display is black without any lights coming on. Machine is new, haven't fall from a truck or anything similar but I bought it from one of auction houses which sells dead stocks (this one was John Lewis), that's why I don't have warranty. At the time it looked like a good bargain. I don't think it was ever plugged into socket to be honest (maybe only in the factory which made it).
I've removed all transport bolts from the back but still is dead.
Is there any master reset procedure maybe?

I have this same problem 1st thing in the morning until i make her a cup of tea, then she's fine washing the clothes ;)

Are you saying it was working fine and stopped or it's never been used?

Did you try to run, as in do a wash or spin, before you removed the transit bolts?

Dec

Guys thanks for a reply. I've downloaded manual, tried everything it says but without a result. Display is black without any lights coming on. Machine is new, haven't fall from a truck or anything similar but I bought it from one of auction houses which sells dead stocks (this one was John Lewis), that's why I don't have warranty. At the time it looked like a good bargain. I don't think it was ever plugged into socket to be honest (maybe only in the factory which made it).
I've removed all transport bolts from the back but still is dead.
Is there any master reset procedure maybe?

I do not know yours, but on ours (different make) you have to hold down power key for about 5 seconds to get any life.
May be worth looking at manual.

Neil

Did you try to operate the machine without removing the transit bolts first- have to ask? There may be a system fuse/fuseable link inside the machine but I think its probably time to call in an engineer. Further investigation involves delving into the innards with a multimeter and even if familar with the basic principles of electrical fault finding unless you are familiar with this machine it may be difficult. You could end up throwing money at it to no avail. If calling in an engineer then its important to get someone familiar with Bosch washing machines. The bloke down the road who "dabbles" is not going to cut it. Hopefully is easily fixed.
On reading the installation instructions in a similar manual it would appear necessary to connect the machine to a water supply -obvious really :doh: but there might be some form of pressure switch???

Last edited:
Did you try to run, as in do a wash or spin, before you removed the transit bolts?

Dec

Did you try to operate the machine without removing the transit bolts first- have to ask? There may be a system fuse/fuseable link inside the machine but I think its probably time to call in an engineer. Further investigation involves delving into the innards with a multimeter and even if familar with the basic principles of electrical fault finding unless you are familiar with this machine it may be difficult. You could end up throwing money at it to no avail. If calling in an engineer then its important to get someone familiar with Bosch washing machines. The bloke down the road who "dabbles" is not going to cut it. Hopefully is easily fixed.
On reading the installation instructions in a similar manual it would appear necessary to connect the machine to a water supply -obvious really :doh: but there might be some form of pressure switch???

I removed transport bolts when I unpacked it. I haven't connected it to a water supply though. Could it be it???? I was thinking it would give some no water message or something like that.

I removed transport bolts when I unpacked it. I haven't connected it to a water supply though. Could it be it???? I was thinking it would give some no water message or something like that.

Our Bosch washer shows a warning code if the water is off…saw it the other day.

The fact that you had to release the door with the manual over-ride would indicate that the machine thought (you know what I mean) it was operating a cycle. My wife had a problem with the washer recently where, somehow or other, the machine became confused about which programme it was running.

She released the door using the over-ride…the whole control panel was blank, no lights at all. She turned it off at the mains for a while and we assume it cleared everything because it was okay to use after that.

It's never been used.

I would say try and ask the seller as that does sound serious
As mentioned,since you had open the door through the emergency release the machine would be used

I would say there might be a problem with the control panel

DW124 It's definitely not used before and I believe it was a display model hence door was closed. I checked power cable, power condenser, and fuse. These 3 are working. Control panel and door interlock I haven't checked and don't know how to test it.
GV I was hoping it will get back to life when I opened the door but it never happened. Black display with no lights as you described.

If it was a floor model the last think they would need is the door being shut as is very easy to break the handle if someone went to open it

My bet goes that this is a returned machine
Shop floor and graded items still come with warranty

Have you tried calling Bosch customer service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom