BOSE Stereo system........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richclk320

Hi!, firstly I am new to this site... so hello.

Secondly, I am looking for a Merc CLK320 convertible, seen one advertised with the Bose stereo system, can anyone tell me if this is a good stereo to have in the CLK?

Cheers!

Bose was an expensive option at purchase but is only as good (IMHO) as a fairly inexpensive aftermarket install (sub £1k).

It's nice to have if you don't intend to upgrade any of the speakers after purchase and when mated with COMAND makes for a very competent audio setup. I've not considered upgrading and I have COMAND with bose.

It is approx £600 option new (obviously this figure is on top of the proportion of the car price which is allocated to the bog standard stereo/speakers; hence is worth much more than just £600 to retrofit) for current (H-K) equivalent and usually consists of an outboard amp, and higher quality & more numerous speakers, plus a sub.
It is certainly much better quality than the bog standard set up imho.

I was fortunate i& found that my C class evo coupe had a bose system fitted & the salesman didn't even mention it at the time of sale

It rocks

dave r

It is a nice capable sounding system, it has some weight to it and sounds pretty warm, never bright or fatiguing.
It goes down pretty low bass wise but won't make your windows rattle or anything like that.

I actually really like it and always usually upgrade my sound system, but don't really feel the need with the bose system.

Hello

depends what you listen to :)

Talk Sport on MW or a LW channel will just sound like louder cr@p....

My dad had it in his SLK and although I thought it was quite good for a standard set up I doubt if he made the most of it with Radio 4

:) :)

Hello

I woudln't say Bose sound system is al that bad but im not sure how well it would sound in a CLK as I have it in my S-Class. However, I prefer the Harman Kardon sound system for mercs

I have it in my CLK, sound is good, nothing more, but if I had paid £600 for it new as an option, I would not have been overly impressed.

Its true the BOSE doesnt sound fantastic but compared to the stock system it does , if you do a back to back comparison the difference is significant

Wasnt aware there is an subwoofer though never noticed one on my car

I've have the Bose option on this car and had it on the W140 too.

This option was £850 for my car.

The sound is definitely better than the standard system. However, you do need to actually use the functions it offers. For example, it has profiles for speech and types of music. By selecting the right profile, the system adjusts tone and delivery. And the speech setting makes quite a difference when listening to Radio4 as I often do.

Also, the Bose option allows more control over the various parameters than you get with the standard system. It also allows projection of the sound to certain parts of the car, for example when I am on my own, I can set it to project the surround sound onto the driver.

Well worth having IMHO.

Hello

I woudln't say Bose sound system is al that bad but im not sure how well it would sound in a CLK as I have it in my S-Class. However, I prefer the Harman Kardon sound system for mercs

HK not available for w208's

here is the link to the bose - PDF archive for mercedes
it show the install and various details.

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/automotive-systems/automotive-systems/previous-models/mercedes-benz.jsp
Interesting link - I don't suppose you know where I can see a list of Mercedes Bose-compatible radios? The standard head unit on my 97 SL is long gone - and not really something I'd like to go back to anyway - but I would be keen to find out what modern equivalents may exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom