Bose with Sony head unit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
I've just bought my ML which had a Sony MiniDisc headunit fitted - to a Bose system.

Now the problem I have is volume, I can't turn it down enough! it's too loud...... :(

I know I need some sort of 'restrictor' in the speaker output so that the amp 'sees' a lower level signal so I can adjust the volume to a finer degree.

The question is what is it that I need and where can I get one from - anyone point me in the right direction? if not can I get one mail-order?

Thanks

Richard

Richard

Have you tried adjusting the output from your amp to the speakers?
(I am assuming that the BOSE system is amp'd up)

Hi mxs,

The whole system is sealed - all the adjustments are throught the head unit, which with the original MB head unit has a line output to the amp (I think!). The Sony unit I have is showing a speaker level output to the amp.

R

Does the Sony unit have 'SLA'? (Source level adjustment).

On the Pioneer unit I've got its buried in a sub-menu, but once found it does exactly what it says - worth a try?

Thanks for your help guys - the amp is not connected with a line output, just from the speaker cables, hence the problem - the line output could be adjusted as you describe, but the only way of adjusting the speaker output is with the volume control. I've been suggested a product by someone on MBworld but it needs to be cabled in and until I know what's needed and where I'm a little hesitant.

R

Richard,

I have encounter the same problem. Not only the sound level is way too high, but the head unit introduces static noise.
What you need it a converter because the voltage output from your Sony head unit does not match the voltage input for the Bose Amplifier.
You need http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PERVEN45

Once you installed this between the speaker output of the headunit and the bose amplifier, you can adjust the output level so that the voltage match.

That's excellent - looks just what I need thank you!

It seems similar to the Soundgate OEM4A that I've been recommended by someone on MBworld and it's cheaper.

R

Make sure the voltage output range is compatible with your bose system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom