Boston Marathon Explosions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truffs

Car
R172 SLK
Just herd from my cousin in the states that there has been 2 loud explosions at the finish line of the marathon.

Early info is that it could be bombs.

My thoughts go out to the families if those injured.

My apologies, I'm use to forums with General Chat, mods please move.

Live on sky news 2 dead 22 injured latest count from aps news agency very sad

Very sad indeed.

As a side-note, looking at the link above personally I prefer the British type of journalism - I could do without the 'graphic' images. I can very well imagine what a bomb does to the human flesh, thank you very much. It's not about being squeamish, but out of respect to the dead and injured.

Last edited:
Very sad indeed.

As a side-note, looking at the link above personally I prefer the British type of journalism - I could do with the 'graphic' images. I can very well imagine what a bomb does to the human flesh, thank you very much. It's not about being squeamish, but out of respect to the dead and injured.

I know It was the first link he emailed me.

Makes me wonder if North Korea has any involvement in this....

Mrs. Stratman is in tears watching this and is having serious doubts about running in the London Marathon on Sunday.

There are more reports of a third explosion and two more devices that have been disarmed.

Terrible, just terrible.

Makes me wonder if North Korea has any involvement in this....

I very much doubt that.

The marathon was being run in honor of the victims of the Newtown massacre. Some families were apparently watching from near the finish line:

Probably some of the Good ol' Boys didn't like having their guns taken off them.

Right-wing extremists, left-wing rebels, religious zealots... terrorists, freedom-fighters... there are too many out there. Time will tell which particular strain of psychotic fanatics carried out this atrocity.

Right-wing extremists, left-wing rebels, religious zealots... terrorists, freedom-fighters... there are too many out there. Time will tell which particular strain of psychotic fanatics carried out this atrocity.

It should also be noted that the Boston Marathon is always ran on Patriot's Day - celebrating the first battles of the American Revolution.

Is She likely to come in at about 4 hours?

Just under, but she would probably have taken a few minutes to cross the start line. She'd have been there or thereabouts.

Heart goes out to friends and families of the dead and injured. absolutely no basis to point the finger at any particular group/nationality at this early stage . As for "home grown nutters" - look no further than one of our own football matches !

Another device reported to have detonated at JFK Library and no-fly zone over the Boston area.

Reporting here a suspect Saudi National in hospital....

Wonder how many civilians were blown to smithereens in Iraq & Afghanistan (& a few other places in that vicinity) today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom