bottoming out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1959

Car
mercedes clk320
my x reg clk320 seems to scrape on everything even the lowest speed bump i have been told it seems low do you think it could do with new shocks and springs sorry if this sounds stupid but never had a mercedes before love it except for this problem

The springs do drop over time, you could maybe take a measuring tape and try and get a ride height and compare against manufacture specification

Or one or more springs may be broken.

The springs do drop over time, you could maybe take a measuring tape and try and get a ride height and compare against manufacture specification
will do that was hoping they would be ok when bought had a full MOT done in june

Springs don't sag that much so either they are broken or some twerp of a previous owner has substantially lowered the car using shorter springs so that it "looks better"

There are different heights of spring mounts available but they would not offer enough adjustment if it's really low.

or is the exhaust poorly fitted and hanging low?

Could just be the fact you have not had a Merc before. My W210 was quite low in Avantgarde trim compared to other cars I had driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom