Bought a Merc on the spur of the moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motorvating

Car
CLK 230 Cabriolet
Hi,

I was driving home today when I spotted a beautiful 2001 CLK 230 Advantgarde cabriolet sitting on a garage forecourt.
Always liked these motors as my dad has had one from new in 2001 and still has it, and has never let him down. Anyway, I nearly mounted the curb as I rubber necked the Merc :) and decided to go and have a look at it.

Bearing in mind the car is 12 years old it is in good condition, however it will have to go off to a bodyshop to get minor corrosion sorted on wheel arches and a poorly repaired stone chip on the bonnet, and off to an upholsterer to restitch a seam that has loosened on the drivers seat, but apart from that its mint.

It is a pastel pearlescent blue with a two tone grey leather interior, AMG alloys, blue roof, blue tinted glass and the usual body kit with 90k on the clock, all for two and half grand.

Feeling a little apprehensive as to the running costs, but gonna bite the bullet as it is so pretty and has such presence. Mrs loves the car but wants to know why I keep buying them i.e. already got a 2002 2.2 crd PT Cruiser that is customised and a 1963 Consul Capri that's also customised :D

Last edited:
I looked to add a picture but it asks for a URL, which is a problem as I store pictures on an external hard drive. Is there a way of uploading a picture ?

I really am not the person to ask that question all i will say is that if i can do it anyone can! When you go advanced,manage attachments does it not then ask choose file? this will take you to your comp.

Tony.

Last edited:
It does, but it wants a URL, which is no good if your pictures are stored on your PC.

It does, but it wants a URL, which is no good if your pictures are stored on your PC.

There are a couple of options to add pictures, to use locally stored content click on the paper clip icon, not the picture one, then you'll be able to attach your photo rather than link to it.

Hi welcome to the forum, looks good.

Very nice.

Took it out today to push it to its limits to see if there are any problems with it, and all I found was a rattle from the steering column when I hit a bump; think it is the locking mechanism for the column as the handle is a little loose.

How do you open the panel for fuel filler cap? had to pull out of a garage with a red neck today:dk: pulled into a garage, roof down looking the nuts, then looked a fool as I tried to open the panel without success.

Is there a method for lowering and raising the glass? I ask as I pulled the rubber off the c glass when I closed the window, but glued it back in place now.

the fuel filler flap should unlock when you open the drivers door, the pin may well be sticking a bit, take the keys out and press the unlock button on the remote a couple of times but first spray some wd40 on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom