bought a Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
Finally found one and decided there and then it was the right one, after seeing quite a few dogs i knew this wasn't after the test drive.
I got a CLK230K in silver with black leather, Elegance Auto 2001 Y Reg,62000 miles with full MB history.Clean inside and out and very happy with it:D .

Only thing I need to ask you guys is the cruise control, when i push the stalk in it just comes up with limit on the screen and when you push the stalk up or down the limit just changes but the cruise control doesn't pick up, is this set to the speed limiter function instead or is my cruise control not working?.

Finally found one and decided there and then it was the right one, after seeing quite a few dogs i knew this wasn't after the test drive.
I got a CLK230K in silver with black leather, Elegance Auto 2001 Y Reg,62000 miles with full MB history.Clean inside and out and very happy with it:D .

Only thing I need to ask you guys is the cruise control, when i push the stalk in it just comes up with limit on the screen and when you push the stalk up or down the limit just changes but the cruise control doesn't pick up, is this set to the speed limiter function instead or is my cruise control not working?.
Nice choice of car.

Sounds like time to read the handbook! The limiter sets a max speed and is operated by pushing in the end of the stalk.

Cruise is operated by just pushing the lever up and then releasing it, while doing over 20 mph. Push lever forwrd to rlease cruise (or touch foot brake). Pull lever towards you and cruise will be reactivated at the pseed you last selected.

Thanks for the info :), just to confirm when you say push the lever up don't push it in first so the yellow light on the stalk comes on?, I haven't had a Merc for ages so I can't remember how I used to do it.

pushing the cruise control inwards switches the llimiter on (yellow light) - once you've got it enabled you can adjust the speed up and down in 5mph increments by flicking the control up or down.

Cruise is set by pushing the lever up when you are accelerating at speeds over approx 30 mph. Once it's set, you can resume that speed after breaking by pulling the lever towards you. Pushing it away switches the cruise off

HTH

Andy

Thanks for the info :), just to confirm when you say push the lever up don't push it in first so the yellow light on the stalk comes on?, I haven't had a Merc for ages so I can't remember how I used to do it.

Yes.

I also found this quite counter-intuitive when I first played with a MB cruise control. Light comes on to indicate it's in speed limit mode instead of cruise mode.

Hello and welcome

Having driven numerous cars with Cruise Merc is one of the easiest to use.

I've never used the speed limit function but setting cruise, increasing / decreasing is very easy.

Use it all the time, great when towing.

pushing the cruise control inwards switches the llimiter on (yellow light) - once you've got it enabled you can adjust the speed up and down in 5mph increments by flicking the control up or down.

And 1mph increments by pulling the stalk towards you.

I worked out the cruise control in about half a second today, very easy now I wasn't trying to set the speed limiter, so far I really love the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom