Bought a S205 today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Insignia is a cut above the rest and a real motorway muncher, feels £££ more than it costs
and I would prefer to do 100,000 in that than a MB oil burner .......................... reliability wise.

Badge appeal at the services and reps meeting hotel car parks MB wins of course.

You're probably right on reliability....given his brand new Merc has broken after 37 miles! Lol.

My point really was just based on the more superficial qualities and, I guess, feel good factor.

You must have missed post#10...only in the UK is a six not an option.

No, I got that....by sign of the times, I mean in the UK. I guess we're just not buying them anymore :mad:

No, I got that....by sign of the times, I mean in the UK. I guess we're just not buying them anymore :mad:

I would have bought a petrol 6 cyl if they had given me the bleeding option :mad: Add 4matic, better still.

I've got a C200 Amg Line petrol today as a servicing courtesy car. I'd agree with Palmballs comments. It's a nice place to sit in. Very classy interior for this market segment with some nice tech touches.

The 2.0 turbo petrol is OK too, although it didn't exactly have the greatest economy (31mpg) on the computer for it's 1500miles. Also it doesn't exactly start smoothly when the stop/start kicks in.

The big issue I've had with it is the ride quality. Its on 18inch alloys and the ride is damn hard. It just didn't settle and crashed over lots of bumps/holes. It's noticeable worse than my S212 even on 19inch alloys.

I like the look of the estate version of the 205 but I think that it would have to be airmatic for me.

Sport has SE suspension and 17" wheels that still look cool imho.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 13.28.38.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 13.28.38.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 15
  • iris.jpg
    iris.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom