Bought an AMG GT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow pleased you did not buy the Egg yellow one,that is a awful colour,still the problem of what AMG GT to buy will I suspect not be a major worry to me as I would baulk at the price of that cap

The factory visit is fantastic, how did you get on?
Totally amazing for me. Learned a lot about their production focus (it’s almost rude to call it ‘production’ rather than creation!)
I had a 9am tour and as I arrived a GTC Edition 50 rolled in- what a car
Then taken to the customisation unit where 2 x F1 pace cars were (won’t say why as it might spoil someone else’s tour if they are going soon), couple of G Wagens (One for a Saudi prince which had 3 seats- two at the front and one THRONE in the back)
Then the factory with the test facilities etc....
Unfortunately I had a flight so stayed 2 hours only and had to leave at 11...my engine builder unfortunately was on afternoon shift so wouldn’t arrive until 4 so I couldn’t wait - never mind I’ll be going back!

There's another solarbeam in Birmingham too - really starting to get tempting at ~£80k now

There's another solarbeam in Birmingham too - really starting to get tempting at ~£80k now

I suppose it’s a bit of a Marmite colour, but it looked great On the GT, sales guy said that paint was an £8k option! I think the price tag was £86k on that one , an S model. Now if only you could get Solarbeam on a C63s? I’m surprised MB don’t do the same as Audi with the Exclusive paint options to relieve buys of even more cash ££££

There’s a lease deal brand new @ 900 pm

I suppose it’s a bit of a Marmite colour, but it looked great On the GT, sales guy said that paint was an £8k option! I think the price tag was £86k on that one , an S model. Now if only you could get Solarbeam on a C63s? I’m surprised MB don’t do the same as Audi with the Exclusive paint options to relieve buys of even more cash ££££
AMG can do any colour you like at Affalterbach. It is expensive though.

Congr-Hats Andy, Bring the new GT to the meet so we can have a good look around it, Tim’s gunna get some drone footage of it....

Thanks Lee

The new GT will be proudly on display, along side my C63 :D

AMG can do any colour you like at Affalterbach. It is expensive though.

Is that as a “custom build” on a new car? I read that’s the Solarbeam was a special order on the C63 Black Series, and not a simple tick this box option, and was expensive too. The Audi Exclusive paints are about a £2500 option on a TTRS which is the same as some of the standard finishes.

I saw one in town yesterday, I love the colour it really suits the GT.

I saw one in town yesterday, I love the colour it really suits the GT.

I’m with you on that, it really shows off the great shape of the GT , better than darker colours IMHO. The one in the showroom had me heading out to buy a Lottery ticket :)

2F270735-92DE-4A05-891D-AB45A58DA902.jpeg
Just to point-out that this is not a real AMG hat, it's an AMG-Line hat. Not same thing.

Good job I’ve got this then which most definitely is a real AMG :cool:

Last edited:
Totally amazing for me. Learned a lot about their production focus (it’s almost rude to call it ‘production’ rather than creation!)
I had a 9am tour and as I arrived a GTC Edition 50 rolled in- what a car
Then taken to the customisation unit where 2 x F1 pace cars were (won’t say why as it might spoil someone else’s tour if they are going soon), couple of G Wagens (One for a Saudi prince which had 3 seats- two at the front and one THRONE in the back)
Then the factory with the test facilities etc....
Unfortunately I had a flight so stayed 2 hours only and had to leave at 11...my engine builder unfortunately was on afternoon shift so wouldn’t arrive until 4 so I couldn’t wait - never mind I’ll be going back!

Hi,
Did you book your tour in advance or just turn up?
Is the museum at afalterbach worth a visit if you are unable to get a factory tour.

I’m surprised MB don’t do the same as Audi with the Exclusive paint options to relieve buys of even more cash ££££

Mercedes do the same thing, there's definitely been 2 solarbeam and a 'GTR Green hell' C63S's on Autotrader

There’s a lease deal brand new @ 900 pm

giphy.gif

Mercedes do the same thing, there's definitely been 2 solarbeam and a 'GTR Green hell' C63S's on Autotrader

giphy.gif

Food for thought. I did see a Brand new W205 c63 in Green Hell at MB Chelsea but that had been wrapped by the dealer not a factory paint finish. Will keep my eye out for a Solarbeam C63s. Would love to see on in the flesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom