Bought another 202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Two 202s

Car
c200 c240 xk8
Hi folks, I just bought another 202. this time a 97 c240. Pretty nice car, but need some help if you could with a couple of issues.
The ABS and BAS lights are on. From what i've read, it could be the pedal switch or a wheel sensor,
Secondly, the indicators flash double speed. This affects both sides, and the rear ones seem really dim, made worse by the smoked lenses.
The indicators all function normally when using the hazord switch.
I have checked the bulbs are the normal 21w type. Wondered if the flasher unit was at fault, but not sure where it's located.
Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers, John

ps. I'm going to have to let the C180 go now. What do you think this is worth 1995 MERCEDES C180 AUTO BLUE on eBay (end time 30-Apr-11 20:19:09 BST)

Thanks dog, really pleased to hear that. Just need to find the right person who likes it enough to give me the cash. ;)

Tempted to black hole this not so subtle advert.
Sorry if the link to my sale infringes on board rules, i would happily edit the post. My initial purpose was to get a little help with my new car.
I diddn't expect anyone readinng this site would be interested in a base model C180, just thought they might like to see how an old car can look if not neglected or abused.

Is your current 202 going to be modded?
I'm not planning to do any mods at the moment. The problem is it has to live on the road and i'm worried it might attact the atention of vandals.
I had planned to do some work on the first 202 i bought, but decided to leave it original and get one that had a few more luxuries.
I'm sure the mods you've done on your car have made a nice improvement.

To answer your question that 202 is worth about half of the starting price. Mine isnt worth anything in the market place hence me keeping it and slowly improving it.

the bas asr fix is open bonnet were the fuses are on left side next too it is the brake master servo under it you will see a box with three cables going into it remove it and open i bet its full of water they leak take the one from the c180 and plug in i bet it goes out

its the bas control box cheap from breakers

the indicator is the stalk its faulty or flash relay i would check relay first

To answer your question that 202 is worth about half of the starting price. Mine isnt worth anything in the market place hence me keeping it and slowly improving it.
That's a shame, was really expecting to get at least 500 for it, might have to break it for spares.

the bas asr fix is open bonnet were the fuses are on left side next too it is the brake master servo under it you will see a box with three cables going into it remove it and open i bet its full of water they leak take the one from the c180 and plug in i bet it goes out

Thanks for the advice on both issues. I'll post what the results are when i've tried this out.:thumb:

i only work on w202 so drop me a pm if they work or if you need more info

that c180 your selling looks in good nick some one will buy it

but as the car is worth a lot more broken

the panels wings doors bonnet are rust free i bet as waterbased paint came in 1997 and they all rusted bad after that

Thanks again, i'll let you know what i find out:thumb:

great c180 where on our 2nd one id say its worth anywhere up to 1200-1300
how are you liking the extra power the V6 gives?? i also found it to be a lot smoother and planted...
fantastic cars

great c180 where on our 2nd one id say its worth anywhere up to 1200-1300
how are you liking the extra power the V6 gives?? i also found it to be a lot smoother and planted...
fantastic cars
Thanks for the comments Sonny. I agree the V6 is a great engine, love the smooth delivery. Love these cars too, just can't stop buying them.

Took the BAS unit out, no water inside. Might have dried out with the hot weather though. Neither of my other cars have the box, so need to get another to see if this fixes it.
Do i need to remove the cluster to access the flasher unit/relay?
Thanks again

Thought i'd update the indicator problem. Turned out fitting new front bulbs cured the fast flashing issue. Although they were still working, the fillaments were tired and presented the the wrong resistance in the circuit.
Never found the flasher unit. Really need a manual, the handbooks supplied give little direction on all but basic checks.
I still have to find the cause of the abs/bas lights. think it will be easier to take it in for diagnostic, rather than guessing at brake switch or wheel sensors.
I have an obd2 reader, but not sure if this 97 model is compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom