Bought meself a 560SEC!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi all,

Just had to get it off my chest that ive finally bought myself a 560SEC to add to my collection of 80's mercs!
I had been looking for a decent exapmple for years and finally found a rust free one.

It is not completely original with later 17" alloys, wood wheel and clear lights etc but i love it. Its got a very good spec and the A/C even works!

It is currently having a full leather retrim with alcantra headlining etc.. so pics to follow next week!

Jay

Hi all,

Just had to get it off my chest that ive finally bought myself a 560SEC to add to my collection of 80's mercs!
I had been looking for a decent exapmple for years and finally found a rust free one.

It is not completely original with later 17" alloys, wood wheel and clear lights etc but i love it. Its got a very good spec and the A/C even works!

It is currently having a full leather retrim with alcantra headlining etc.. so pics to follow next week!

Jay

Beautiful, beautiful beasts. Enjoy. What does a re-leathering cost nowadays?

Beautiful, beautiful beasts. Enjoy. What does a re-leathering cost nowadays?

Well im paying trade prices, but i will be offering the service to mercland customers for around £1500 saloon and £1750 estates.... This is top quality work, the company does a lot of work for private jet companies, racing teams etc.

Went to see the car yesterday and they have done the rear seats which look fantastic.. Hopefully will have the car back middle of next week... Cant Wait!

Hopefully will have the car back middle of next week... Cant Wait!

We cannot wait either, for the Photos Jay.:rock:

We want before renovation and then after.;)

unfortunately i was so excited about getting it all done that i forgot to take befores... but im sure you all know what a worn mushroom coloured drivers seat looks like!

The headlining was also looking a bit grubby as was the rear parcel shelf...

Anyway, its not going to be to KLP92 standard but should be somewhere in between i hope!

P.s List of stuff I have done so far (just incase anyone is looking to buy a 126)

- Restore Electric Rear blind (Most new parts needed, motor was still working though)

- Renew Rubber Door & window Seals (Cost around £300 for all of them)

- New Rear Screen due to white effect at bottom (Cost me £100 excess but cost insurance company £800, not a cheap item)

- Balance all wheels

- Repair up/down electric seat adjustment (cost - skinned knuckles)

- Renew ATF & Filter

- Renew Diff Oil (looked like treacle)

- Renew Engine Oil

- Renew Fuel Filter

- MOT (Passed first time)

- Proper Sony Stereo with amp and Twin Subs in boot

- All New Speakers

- Replace two pieces of Chrome on rear bumper £200ish

- Cat 1 Alarm & immobiliser £260

- Clear Light Pack £145

- Repair rust bubbles on wheel arch £250

Remember this is the cleanest car i found for reasonable money after at least 2 yrs of browsing so if you are looking to buy an 80's Mercm keep this in mind!

Things to do;

- Waxoyl underside

- Repair Sticking Elec Window

- Have Fun

Update, Rear seats done, Headlining and parcel shelf done in alcantara (feels so nice):

Crappy camera phone pics for now:

secint3.jpg

secint2.jpg

Last edited:
Update on the Interior... All done!

secint4.jpg

secint5.jpg

secint8.jpg

What do you guys think?

I will be offering leather retrimming services and this is the quality of work...

That's fantastic, looks like they did a fine job with the trimming! :cool:

Great job well done.

I took my SEC for MOT yesterday, it needs a bit of welding and some brake pipes so not that bad really...

That retrim looks quality, I will seriously be considering having the CE done, what sort of cost was it??

WOW that re trimming looks amazing, looks like brand new as if it had come out the showroom. How much did it cost though, looks pricey

Need to see the outside!

Ahh well whilst i was removing the sunroof, i broke a guide thing which in turn lead to me stripping a large amount of paint off the top of the sunroof lid! So its going to be sorted this week then ill take some pics...

Cost, I could offer this sort of retrim including headlining for £1800 + vat..

However the headlining and rear parcel shelf was the most time consuming as its a bit of a nightmare to get right,expecially the sunroof part, which i had to help the trimmers with.

If just doing seats and door cards on a normal saloon, prices around £1400 depending on exact requirements and colour.

Cheers

Jay

infact i wish i had taken pics before, as the transformation is remarkable... the old headlining was disgusting and the old seats just made it look its age... now ive had two people come up to me and say "surely thats not an F reg!"

Looking good!

I would have kept the original piping design though and had a contrast colour on it.

Did you want the lighter shade of cream? Seems the colour is lighter than the rest of the interior?

Yes i wanted that colour, its called sand beige..

I didnt want piping this time, i think the double stiched looks a bit more up to date and makes it a bit different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom