Bouncing button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Car
C200 Classic SE CDI
I have had my car some seven years and never had any issues with it, however yesterday when I went to unlock the car, the drivers door button began bouncing, sounds like a gun repeating, same when I lock it. Sometimes it doesnt lock, it ends up with the button up. Any ideas or help!!

Thanks

Just a thought but have you tried lubricating all the door lock mechanism. My mates mg does a similar thing, lubricate the mechanism and all is well for a good while.

Replacement lock required. Common problem. Lock itro £70 + fitting.

I don't know if I'm allowed to refer to "the other forum", but there's a guy called television (real name Malcolm) on there who will email you repair instructions on request. Seems a common problem: lots of people have asked for the instructions.

I have had my car some seven years and never had any issues with it, however yesterday when I went to unlock the car, the drivers door button began bouncing, sounds like a gun repeating, same when I lock it. Sometimes it doesnt lock, it ends up with the button up. Any ideas or help!!

Thanks

There are repair kits available for this, if one door fails then it’s quite likely that the other door lock will at some time fail too.

In the long run, £42 + P&P might be good value. See… mercedes lock repair kit | eBay

Dec

Dec said:
There are repair kits available for this, if one door fails then it’s quite likely that the other door lock will at some time fail too.

In the long run, £42 + P&P might be good value. See… mercedes lock repair kit | eBay

Dec

Anyone used this? Looks like a cheap solution, just not a cheap as a cocktail stick

There were people who sent off for it alright but I don’t recall any “reviews” …as yet.

Dec

Top work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom