Bouncing door lock repair kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
Hi All,
A second lock has gone on my mum's 211. Not going to replace the lock this time as too expensive. Going to go down the repair kit with this one.
Question is, which ones are you guys buying? Who don't you buy from?
Seen a couple of sellers on ebay. Are they all ok or could someone recommend who you've bought from with good results please?

Thanks.

I bought from Poland, name of the seller is changed but i think it's carrat(something). OK package, rather easy job with help of other instructions found from internet. Hard to rate without experience about other sellers and their stuff.

Yep, seen both of those already.
Many thanks.

All done now and working fine.
The ones I bought seem to be the cheapest on eBay and look to have done the job nicely.

Can't speak of reliability, time will tell I guess.
But at this moment in time, I can recommend the ones in my link above.

hi mr .shr was the procedure straight forward? the lock on the rear passenger side has gone on my car, did you have to remove the door handle and remove rivits?

I cannot comment rear door but I've done front passenger lock repair myself. You shouldn't need to remove handle when there is no lock (key hole). Rivets are needed to remove because lock mechanism does not come out otherwise...

Edit: In my experience putting lock system properly back inside door was most difficult part of the job...

Hi,
Yes the job was easy enough for a competent DIYer (and me too!!).

You do need to remove the door handle and rivets, yes.
The door handle in only one bolt IIRC.
Once you remove the rivets you need to replace them with new ones. So you'll need a rivet gun.
Changing the spring in the lock itself is a bit fiddly but certainly do-able with the aid of the videos on youtube.

Edit:
As per previous post, I don't know about if you need to take the handle of on a rear door as I've only done front so far. But if you do, I'm pretty sure it's only one bolt.
And yes, I remember the manoeuvring of the lock back into position was a bit fiddly.

Last edited:
I did it recently on the front door of my W203 and found it quite fiddly, especially fitting the new spring which is tiny and took ages! But I did it. Luckily I had a rivet gun so I chose to refit the airbag and window channel with rivets, but the kit comes supplied with bolts. I'm not sure you could particularly say if there's a quality difference between different kits on eBay - they all seem to say they use a stainless steel spring which is much better than the original etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom