Bouncy door lock syndrome!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
The door lock has gone all funny and when it locks the pin goes up and down repeatedly. I have searched and fornd it needs a new lock, but would anyone have any idea of a part name or number for this?
This is on my 2003 s211 320 cdi estate.
Thanks
Max

The door lock has gone all funny and when it locks the pin goes up and down repeatedly. I have searched and fornd it needs a new lock, but would anyone have any idea of a part name or number for this?
This is on my 2003 s211 320 cdi estate.
Thanks
Max

I had that on my w211, it was the rubber boot ( cone shaped ) on the lock pin that had perished, I removed the boot and it worked fine, never got round to replacing the lock as it looked expensive....

Just checked and it's £62 + vat at Inchcape for the part that would have fixed my w211...

Last edited:
When you say rubber boot.......does this involve taking the door apart! I dont mind doing that, but where is it located.
Thanks
Max

When you say rubber boot.......does this involve taking the door apart! I dont mind doing that, but where is it located.
Thanks
Max

It's part number A2117200535 for the left door and A2117200435 for the right door. It's right at the bottom of the rod that the door locking pin attaches to. Where the rod enters the main door lock mechanism. If you look on the russian EPC site it's quite obvious. All I did was take off the door card and stick my hand inside and pull off the boot. It cured the issue so I took it no further. It just makes the door pin 'softer' to push to lock the door.

Not saying this will be the same as your issue but mine was a 2003 car too and sounds exactly the same symptoms. Worth a rummage...

Last edited:
Click here Êàòàëîã

Item 10, right where the rod that connects to item 50 goes into the main unit.... ( this is for my car model w211 so may be different but probably not )

Ok have removed the bung, looks like I need a new door lock, I dont suppose anyone would have one?

Ok have removed the bung, looks like I need a new door lock, I dont suppose anyone would have one?

Did it stop the bounce? I reckon as soon as the door lock senses any resistance it unlocks itself again and this is what caused my bounce ( rapid and repeated locking and unlocking causing the pin to bounce )

No the repeated bouncing is caused by a broken spring... if any one coult find a spring like it it would solve the issue.

Did it stop the bounce? I reckon as soon as the door lock senses any resistance it unlocks itself again and this is what caused my bounce ( rapid and repeated locking and unlocking causing the pin to bounce )
Nope, the bounce goes on!

No the repeated bouncing is caused by a broken spring... if any one coult find a spring like it it would solve the issue.
Is the spring easily accesible? if so I could knock something up I'm sure.

I have had that problem on a Range Rover before, removing the lock was a ugger!

It would be too simple if it was the same size as the Range Rover one, may do open door surgery tonight:eek:

Did you manage to fix this?

My W203 is doing exactly the same thing on the passenger door after my daughter slammed the door...

the lock is only £60 ish, not worth messing about for, just replace it..

Bouncing/rattling drivers door lock E320 2002 W211

Need help here, please.
My 2002 E320 W211 has the drivers door lock rattling and bouncing when I use the key fob to lock/unlock the doors. Problem here is I am abroad at the moment and I need to find a cost-effective solution to fix this other than the wife taking it to the dealer. We have used MercServices near Tooting in the past and they were very good.
2 things can anyone confirm what the problem is? Just from the reading I have done on the internet I believe its a spring broken in the electric motor - does the whole motor need replacement or just the spring may be replaced? Second: how much am I looking at: parts and labour?
Thanks in advance..........CG

Easy fix for the bouncing lock syndrome

It is the rubber boot. No need to remove it by disassembling the door. Simply spray very little DW40 lubricant around the pin, then move it manually up and down a couple of times. Then try the smartkey to lock and unlock. You will be happy to find out that the problem is gone. (Please take some good precautions not to spray the leather upholstery. DW40 may destroy the color). It worked great for my 2006 E350 4 matic. If my recommendation works for you please let me know. Good luck! ([email protected])

it is the rubber boot. no need to remove it. simply spray some (very little) DW40 lubricant on the base of the pin, then move it manually up and down. The try to lock/unlock with your smartkey, you will be happy to see that the problem is gone. make sure not to spray the leather upholstery because color may faint. it worked great on my 2006 E350 4matic. please let me know if it works for you. good luck!

In have the same problem on my 2004 c220 it's the little spring that holds the door pin done once locked, they go brittle with age and break, once broke it allows the pin to pop back up.

You need to either replace the mechanism itself (which requires removing the door airbag) or you can buy a spring replacement kit on ebay for £25 delivered from Poland. I bought one but didn't want to remove the airbag so I saw a solution on you tube which involves sticking part of a cocktail stick inbetween the lock pin and its surround this solves the problem perfectly as it gives enough friction to hold the pin down but also work fine too.

As soon as I have 30 posts ill pop the spring kit up for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom