Bouncy Lock - not spring!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ched999uk

Car
C230K 1.8 Coupe Evo Pano
I have the bouncy lock syndrome!! Finally managed to get a dry day and attack the passenger door lock on our C230K coupé 2003 (pre facelift). Boy what a g1t. I read lots on here and other forums/youtube etc. Non were on a coupé and it is different. There are 2 speakers in the door and as it's a pre facelift the door pull does not need to be removed to get door trim off. There is a plug concealing the screw under the bottom of the door handle. I only found that after I broke the outer part of the handle!
Anyway I could not extract the lock actuator but did manage to fit the new spring through the rear speaker hole. The old spring was broken and I checked the new one against the old broken one to make sure it was correct one (for passenger door). Put it all back together but still same problem.

So bouncy lock not fixed by new spring (unless I did something wrong?).

Any ideas?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Thanks Auto-mobile.
I would buy a new lock but I believe the entire window mechanism needs removal to get the old actuator out, it's a coupé so appears more difficult on longer doors. So I was hoping someone might have an easier solution.
To be honest it's starting to become unreliable so thinking of trading it in and as such it isn't worth very much at all.
In the last 2 weeks had bouncy lock and parking sensors fail, had a new suspension arm for mot, alternator and battery earlier this year. So although it has only 71K miles and has been very good for the last 4 years I think it may becoming time to update. So trying to spend as little as possible.
Thanks for lock advice. Might have to go that way but think I will 'modify' the inner door skin to remove the lock.
Any easy ideas, did I install the spring incorrectly?
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom