Bournemouth Poole Area BH12 3LR. Can someone inspect a car for me please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
A cry for help.

My son has saved for quite some time to buy his dream car - A VW GOLF R32.
We have viewed all sorts of "Pristine" rubbish but it would seem that he has now found what is almost the perfect car.

He's willing to travel the 200+ miles from Cheshire to Poole, but the reviews on the selling garage are pretty poor. LINK.

Would anyone be willing to have a view/test drive of this car for us please? LINK. I don't mind at all paying a member for any help with this. :)

TIA.

Paul.

Paul - I'd have willingly had a tootle down to the coast bearing in mind I can't work at the moment, but I can't drive a manual, plus I know nothing about Golfs anyway.
I think they bought an A3 off me some years back (and paid a lot for it !!!!).
There is a guy locally I have used for inspections I could put you in touch with but you'll probably get no change from £300.

Personally I would be a touch reluctant to purchase a vehicle from a supplier 200 miles away with a poor reputation . But that's just me. Guess getting an expert to view is the way to go as you say.

Paul - I'd have willingly had a tootle down to the coast bearing in mind I can't work at the moment, but I can't drive a manual, plus I know nothing about Golfs anyway.
I think they bought an A3 off me some years back (and paid a lot for it !!!!).
There is a guy locally I have used for inspections I could put you in touch with but you'll probably get no change from £300.

Thanks, Jonny. :thumb:

That's two of us that can no loner drive a manual then!

I suppose not every car they sell is a duffer, but with so many bad reviews, it's off-putting, especially as Les has saved hard to buy an R32.

Personally I would be a touch reluctant to purchase a vehicle from a supplier 200 miles away with a poor reputation . But that's just me. Guess getting an expert to view is the way to go as you say.

Thanks, Oldguy.

I think even if someone could have a walk around the car to see if it has any dings to the panels it would be a help. We travelled to Royston in Cambridgeshire around a month ago to view a "Minter" that turned out to have a couple of small dents and also there was a three inch crease that had been poorly repaired in one of the rear wings. :mad:

Mark V R32, one of the best cars ever !
Is this car significantly cheaper here than the VW dealers ? They still have the odd one for sale which will have the Vw warranty off course.
These cars are Easily clocked and savaged by drug dealers. Get it inspected please.

Pm me his budget etc and I'll make some calls up here. Vw are very friendly with me up here.

Last edited:
Why not join the VW owners club, you will get proper advice on the marque, like you do on here for Mercedes.
Plus members may have just the car you are looking for, owned and loved by an enthusiast as opposed to a garage just out for profit.

Mark V R32, one of the best cars ever !
Is this car significantly cheaper here than the VW dealers ? They still have the odd one for sale which will have the Vw warranty off course.
These cars are Easily clocked and savaged by drug dealers. Get it inspected please.

Pm me his budget etc and I'll make some calls up here. Vw are very friendly with me up here.

Thanks for the input, Harry.

Les is a student, so pretty much at the top of his budget at £13,500.
He also wants certain options (multifunction steering wheel, Recaro seats and sat-nav if possible) but the right car with one of those options missing will definitely be considered.

I was currying with Flango (I think it was his first one) a few weeks ago and the little bird in him told me I'd just missed out on a nice blue R32 very close to you. ;) PAH!

Why not join the VW owners club, you will get proper advice on the marque, like you do on here for Mercedes.
Plus members may have just the car you are looking for, owned and loved by an enthusiast as opposed to a garage just out for profit.

Thanks, Eddie. :thumb:

Les is already an established member on the main VW Golf forum. When I find a car advertised somewhere, he can sometimes tell me the spec or who once owned it without reading the advert!

The trouble with these cars is that they are strong in value in the used market, but also, there are some that are quite dodgy.

Just being devil's advocate here but although there are a few bad reviews (indeed at least one is bogus apparently), their reasoned responses to those bad reviews coupled with the good reviews makes them appear to not be that bad actually?

Are the reviews representative of pretty much any reasonable / good garage and you are working with some fcking idiot customers sometimes?

If you take the average level of intelligence, which is pretty low, and then remember that there are people who are of a lower intelligence to that, I just think "is it any wonder there are some bad reviews"?

Has anyone on this forum used them?

Just being devil's advocate here but although there are a few bad reviews (indeed at least one is bogus apparently), their reasoned responses to those bad reviews coupled with the good reviews makes them appear to not be that bad actually?

Are the reviews representative of pretty much any reasonable / good garage and you are working with some fcking idiot customers sometimes?

If you take the average level of intelligence, which is pretty low, and then remember that there are people who are of a lower intelligence to that, I just think "is it any wonder there are some bad reviews"?

Has anyone on this forum used them?

I did say to Les earlier that not every car they sell will be a duffer.
A lot of the R32's are enthusiasts cars that will, on the whole (even if driven in a spirited fashion) have been well looked after.
The garage has said two owners from new and full VW Service history, so it sounds promising, although some would be a little suspicious that the car has covered just 31,000 miles. That said, R32's do tend to be lower than average mileage-wise.

A lot of the R32's are enthusiasts cars that will, on the whole (even if driven in a spirited fashion) have been well looked after.
The garage has said two owners from new and full VW Service history, so it sounds promising, although some would be a little suspicious that the car has covered just 31,000 miles. That said, R32's do tend to be lower than average mileage-wise.

They're most often garaged & used as weekend cars, so mileage is no surprise.

In regards to the dealer, it's totally irrelevant in my eyes, as the condition of that car will be reflected on the two previous owners rather than the dealers themselves. A used car is a used car at the end of the day, no matter who it's bought from - unless you're looking for years of after service care.

Have you seen the M.O.T history? an advisory for bent nsf wheel bead not rectified
for 4 years...on observation the bonnet shut lines are out on drivers side(almost touching the wing) and headlight on that side does not fit like the other side...bump?

From VW website;

Cam belt
How often does it need to be changed?
4 - 5 years (4 years for cars registered before September 2009, 5 years thereafter). This may need to be changed sooner for high mileage drivers.

Last edited:
Hi ,
I am about 20 miles from Poole , at the moment I am away but might be going in to Poole over the weekend sometime . I could have a look round it but don't think I would have time for a test drive . Have a look on gov.uk. If you google mot history the site will come up put in reg and make and it's got all its mot history passes fails advisories it does seem to have a damaged screen and possibly a buckled wheel. The first mot was failed for incorrectly spaced number plate letters . Could well of had a bump as the lights needed adjustment for a failed mot normally that would be done there and then but looks like they took it away because they had to do a new mot.
Anyway let me know if you want me to have a look and I will see what I can do .
Michael.

Last edited:
Michael, thanks very much indeed for the kind offer.
My son (finally finished his project stuff for university today) spoke with someone at the garage this evening and I think there's a 50/50 chance he may make the trek to view the car on Thursday or Friday.
If he doesn't make the trip, it would be fabulous if you could at least have a walk around the car if not too much inconvenience to you. :thumb:

Have you seen the M.O.T history? an advisory for bent nsf wheel bead not rectified
for 4 years...on observation the bonnet shut lines are out on drivers side(almost touching the wing) and headlight on that side does not fit like the other side...bump?

From VW website;

Cam belt
How often does it need to be changed?
4 - 5 years (4 years for cars registered before September 2009, 5 years thereafter). This may need to be changed sooner for high mileage drivers.

Many thanks indeed, Marty.
We have some digging to do.

You did but I was more responding to this bit after:

but with so many bad reviews, it's off-putting, especially as Les has saved hard to buy an R32.

Many bad reviews but plenty of good reviews too - and they responded to the bad stuff. Not saying they are not crap - just the two sides thing...

Saying that, from what has been posted up about the MOT history, doesn't really sound like a loved example!

Many bad reviews but plenty of good reviews too - and they responded to the bad stuff. Not saying they are not crap - just the two sides thing...

Saying that, from what has been posted up about the MOT history, doesn't really sound like a loved example!

I'd find that off-putting, but I can try and have a look tomorrow, if you like?

I live less than half a mile from that garage and can take a look tomorrow.
The cars they usually have on display are from the top end marque of MB/Audi/BMW. I once got a thumbs up from the owner when queuing in traffic outside the place. I'd happily look the car over if you want?

Also, should your son want picking up from the train station and running to the garage its not a problem. PM me if you like.

Now there's a top bloke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom